I thought this was a bullish hammer, but I guess I was wrong (pic)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by IronFist, Jun 12, 2007.

1. taowave

taowave

Hey Iron fist,
    You are on the right track..have some patience,and keep asking questions...

If I were you,I would purchase CandlePower6 Pro.Its very well priced,and you can learn a great deal from it.As you will find,to trade a candlestick in isolation has an apx 50% chance of working..

Best of luck

#31     Jun 14, 2007
  2. Is it just me, or did you say something to the effect of 'I'm not trading that well. I'd better use more leverage.'? You might consider giving it some more thought...

#32     Jun 14, 2007
  3. As long as you're up for the year... you could be doing worse.

#33     Jun 14, 2007
  4. .

#34     Jun 14, 2007
  5. Good point Blind!!

Cash - hopefully you caught what the lemon is telling you here...

#35     Jun 14, 2007
  6. Is this the wrong place to ask about the fundamental differences between dark hammer patterns and light hammer patterns?

#36     Jun 20, 2007
  7. It's a good place considering your the thread starter that had questions about Hammer patterns.

In addition, you've also got some answers about the fundamental differences between Dark and White Hammer Lines or Patterns.

In fact, I wish more traders at ET would start threads like this (about Japanese Candlesticks) that uses some form of Japanese Candlestick Analysis in their trading.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#37     Jun 20, 2007
  8. Do you draw your trendlines based on the candle BODY or based on the SHADOW?

And why?

It can make a huge difference and completely change your trendline, and since some people make trading rules based off of trendlines, it could cause you to generate a buy or sell signal at the wrong time.

#38     Jun 20, 2007
  9. ^ Ignore that post. I meant to hit "new thread" in stead of "post reply."

#39     Jun 20, 2007
  10. So NihabaAshi where did you learn all this candlestick stuff? The way you talk about candlesticks, it's as if it has all been codified and categorized, a candlestick taxonomy if you will. I don't think the most commonly available references on the subject do that to the degree you have. Are the candlestick categories you use ones you have created through your own experience or is there a reference for them?

From what I know of candlesticks the common interpretations for them are as likely to be wrong as right. No one school of trading thought I've encountered gives as much insight as a combination of them.

#40     Jun 21, 2007