I thought it was going to be AMZN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Aug 1, 2018.

• Looks like AAPL will be the first 1-trillion dollar market cap company.
    • $990,400,000,000.

1. dozu888

dozu888

days ago I created a thread asking which one will reach 1T first, most answered amzn.

this aapl run will have legs... it has been valued as a consumer company... now that it's painting a different picture - device sales going flat, but revenue picking up on apps/services... so perhaps it needs to be valued as a software company... that's a totally different ball game, as the other guys like MSFT and Goog currently have P/Es significantly higher.

and imagine what happens if Cook and Bezos switch positions, what would happen to AAPL? so you can argue that AAPL has more potential to be unlocked... this may sound unfair to Cook, who is not getting enough credit that he deserves.

2. southall

southall

The stock price could also have effect. $1800 per stock.

AMZN should do a 100:1 stock split, then each share would be $18 dollars and the public could more easily jump in and buy 1000 shares each.

Also if they did a 100:1 split, on a good day AMZN would do 1 billion shares in daily volume!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. AAPL has won the race. But I don't see any real, substantial significance in this market cap number game.

I've always regarded personal wealth or net worth calculations based on (stock price * number of shares owned) a total joke. Wouldn't you agree?

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

I guess then my portfolio is a total joke.. cool :)

what is not a joke?

5. Peter10

Peter10

Maybe the bears will get in at $1 trillion market cap, lots of profit targets are there.

6. ajacobson

ajacobson

I would have bet AMZN would have gotten there first as well.

7. %%
    Much in every way; except when they reverse split it 10 to 1 it like ''C"" did + a $penny stock jumps from $4.44 to $$44.44-overnight more or less LOL. In that case its just a partial joke; but@ least dividend is going up.

8. ajacobson

ajacobson

The trading venues would love to see them both split - up the volume and fees while the notional is unchanged.

9. schweiz

schweiz

No, Apple lost the race against Petrochina. Petrochina passed 1T in 2007 briefly.

MWSnap262.jpg

#10     Aug 4, 2018