I thought I had seen it all (company names)

Discussion in 'Options' started by Brighton, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Brighton

Brighton

If you thought all the "idiot" and "dummie" books were bad, check out the logo for this firm, run by two former Susquehanna guys. They also have a sister site called OptionBuzz.com that was referenced in Futures Magazine

http://www.optionabc.com/about-alex/

On a more substantial note, what is is with all of these former CBOE option market makers, some of them with a nice pedigree, that suddenly discover a desire to teach/coach/mentor or in some other way "give back" as they say in their marketing material? Is their former business less lucrative or did they all get rich, retire by 40 and now these mentoring businesses are just a hobby?

Whatever the case, those alphabet blocks have to go.

2. lol as Greg is on this site.

I personally think SUSQ is the antichrist. You bid a call fly and lo and behold, the thing jumps 0.30. So you have to offer in another account to spoof the shit back to reality or bid the put fly. Or work the combo. The drop back to the former mid is too precise to be anything but one of those SUSQ or Citadel algos. It shouldn't be that way. They babysit the stuff with no intention of trading or semblance of a competitive marketplace. They are praying for the one-lot full-retard to lift the offer. Real BSDs. That's no way to make a living.

I was once crucified by a floor broker in cahoots with one of the aforementioned DPMs, so I sent an endless stream of short vol orders into the BBY post. TBH I don't recall if it was SUSQ, but I single-handedly took BBY vols down six handles that day. By the end of the day I had the fly arbed. Underlying was around $80 at the time. I hope they ate d*ck on that one.

3. I'm sure these ABC guys are wonderful people, smart and burn the midnight oil on behalf of their clients but if I hear one more time about one more guy that is passionate I'm hoping to be standing next to him so I can puke on his freakin' wingtips. Enough with these platitudes that have lost all meaning!

4. Do u work for a competing firm?

5. This was funny, made me laugh. Always had a problem with IB and Timberhill being so connected.

6. Antichrist is a bit strong, but yes, they ruin markets all day long.

7. For that matter, what's with the (ex?) traders here who toss around options lingo and buzzwords to impress the noobs?

8. +1