"I thought getting a job would be a snap"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, May 17, 2011.

1. I sure wish I had grown up in the USA to go to such fun schools.

#21     May 17, 2011
  2. Amen.

#22     May 17, 2011
  3. We have a depression now. Obamaville in many states.

#23     May 17, 2011
  4. You nailed it.
    I am at lake TAhOE NV. There is no teaching jobs here in NV. School budgets are being slashed. The city of reno is laying off another 80 people. Out of a city work force of around 1600 prior to the layoffs they have so far have laid off approximately 600 with this next batch of 82 coming soon. This will be teachers, firefighters, policemen. Same for the State and same for every county which have slashed jobs. teaching jobs are slim. best bet for a young person is the health care field. Physical therapists, Occupational therapists, Speech therapists, Nurses are still good fields with jobs and good pay.

#24     May 17, 2011
  5. Yes, this is definitely the emerging trend that we will have to deal with for the foreseeable future. Essential services and activities (sports are pretty important for kids) are kicked to the curb, less tenured teachers are fired, while the district administrators and the senior staffers get raises. Let's not forget all the golden parachutee's that have to be paid as well while the various communities fall apart.

It's crystal clear that Scott Walker identified the raw nerve of this country when he took on excessive benefits for public sector employees. Hell, even a modest proposal literally brought the state to civil unrest. Imagine some really draconian legislature. These people could care less if their communities fall to pieces just so long as they don't miss a month's worth of their fat pension payments. Pigs through and through.

#25     May 17, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Great post! I live in the South East US, and we are "supposed" be the most conservative besides Texas, and Arizona, etc., My three Sons are in a public High School as the private schools offer no football that they love to play.

You would NOT believe the sad state of affairs the education "system" is in even here!:eek: Yes, kids get to tell their teachers to f__ off, and they are constantly arguing with the teachers over simple things like the teacher telling the class to stop talking during a lecture. They get in NO trouble for this, and it blows my mind! I'm in my late 30's, and in elementary school, and part of junior high school, we were paddled if we pulled shit like that, and we just didn't do it. Telling a teacher to f___ off had never crossed my mind in the 12 years I spent in public schools.

RESPECT is gone, and that's a MAJOR problem when these little monsters grow up to become politicians dealing with other Countries. Scares me to death!:eek:

And as for the teachers in the public schools here, I'm not impressed at all as 70-80% are the liberals that worthless Colleges trained them to be. The female teachers running around with eyebrow and nose rings talking about how they're going to get drunk and party, and I overheard them saying it as they were going to lunch! Absolutely stunning! I'm walking in the school in a suit and tie to pick up my middle Son who was ill, and the female teacher gang coming out the doors talked like sailors KNOWING I could hear them as plain as day. I felt like I was walking into the Twilight Zone...

One of the male teachers plays in a local band, and looks like he hasn't showered for a month. He also told my Son that if he didn't go to College, he could always be a "nobody, and join the military. I am a prior Marine Officer, and I wasn't letting that one go. I arranged a parent "teacher" conference with him, and let him know that he gets to smoke all his dope, and run his liberal mouth because of "nobody's" like me!:mad: The other two teachers who were at the meeting (witnesses I guess), looked a little stunned when I sat down and asked if he said that, which he tried to dance around. I made by brief statement, and got up and walked away. What a mess this Country is in...:(

I TRULY believe we need to pay teachers on an incentive basis these days as sending the 80% worthless teachers a check to show up and do everything but teach is beyond ignorance. I think that would help wash out the shitheads, and attract REAL teachers who create REAL results. Do any of you guys sit in front of monitors, and get paid for nothing? Don't think so...

#26     May 17, 2011
  7. Lighten up Francis.

The deal is that with more diversity (blacks, hispanics, mongrels, 1/2 breeds, whatever) the schools cannot force the old ways like they used to on an almost 100% white middle class student body back in the 40's/50's.

However, what about the NYC public schools; they have huge diversity--is that system on the fritz as well?

I don't see anything wrong with the well-parented motivated students rising to the top and the rest swirling into the drain.

Weeds out the flotsam; with our diverse society today there will always be different classes. The lower-class races (without some intervention) learn from their people.

Gentrify them in neighborhoods where I won't live and I'll pay a bit more to hang out in a neighborhood with my people and those with like values and education and earning power.

I wonder how this education thing plays out in other large cities besides Manhattan? Probably a free for all.

People living in downtown of big cities usually cluster together in earnings/demographics.

Good schools are usually within 2 miles of gang warfare schools.

Solution; live near a good school. Pay a bit more for your spawn to be safe--or go to the 'burbs.

peace

#27     May 17, 2011
  8. because you may learn more at a top school and you are not surrounded by total imbeciles and idiots. Also, degree from a top school can serve some as some sort of stamp of approval. They did the hard work, got in, and finished the class above the 95th percentile. Not everything in life is measurable and can be valued in green.

#28     May 17, 2011
  9. Not total idiots, but getting pretty close even in the second and first tier schools.

#29     May 18, 2011
  10. jprad

jprad

It is absolutely amazing how you find every single opportunity to tell us, yet again, that you're just another TexASS-clown...

LED bulbs are now between $30-50/ea. And, dropping...

But, they last around 30x longer, so price is a wash today and will be a plus soon.

More importantly, they use about 1/6th of the energy for a given wattage. Another plus.

Finally, there is zero mercury present in them, unlike CFLs and FLs.

Of course, all of that is lost on you because you're from TexASS...

#30     May 18, 2011