"I thought getting a job would be a snap"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, May 17, 2011.

1. I believe the term is "Title 1 School"...not sure..but if you'll teach at a disadvantaged school for 5 yrs, da gubmint will forgive your loan.

#11     May 17, 2011
  2. Exactly. Another example of government guarantees distorting the pricing mechanism. The bailout of the student loan market was another example of this insanity. Saddle the taxpayers with more debt burden while simultaneously encumbering students with a lifetime of debt. Just a constant transference of debt to benefit these sacred cows.

#12     May 17, 2011
  3. Wait till companies have to pay $50 to $100 bucks for a mandated LED bulb. Then we will see how hard it is to get a job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110516...tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNs

Welcome to Atlas Shrugged Gentlemen. The Politicians are on there way to destroying "Capitalism".

But of course the majority ass clowns in this country will vote the idiots back in and give them full mandate to Raid Pensions and force businesses and consumers to spend $50 bucks on light bulbs. I know, I know, those bulbs will last 10 years and save you money in the long run and the environment.. cough cough.

Lets find out who is manufacturing the bulbs and see if its one of these TSA SCANNER SITUATIONS!
    Oh well Who is John Galt

#13     May 17, 2011
  4. elon

elon

The US schooling system is day care right up through high school. I college its a bit different but still, the majority of people do not learn how to become independent.

High school graduates must be told that college does not train you for a specific job. Therefore you have to train yourself and seek jobs with great training programs.

#14     May 17, 2011
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

True! My Sons in High School talk about the basic babysitting that goes on often. I feel for these lost souls who will probably be better off texting their job interview rather than sitting there selling themselves to the potential employer.

Social skills are completely gone for these kids. I often wonder what these kids will be when some become politicians someday, and there is a disagreement with China, Russia, etc., Will they send the other Countries Leaders texts?:eek:

And yes, agreed, there is ZERO job skills training, and that blows my mind! Job skills, and the nexessary tools to get that job was what many teachers spoke of when I was in school. That was then...

#15     May 17, 2011
  6. dewton

dewton

Perhaps people need to learn financial wisdom more than anything else. Though one may not have a good paying job, one can live perfectly happy as long as those expenses and other financial pressures are low. It's so easy to sell one's self to debt slavery these days- it's as easy as swiping a piece of plastic. People need financial discipline and learn that relationships are far more important than toys such as $125 flashlights. Spending unwisely costs you more than $$, it costs you time, stress, anxiety, and less time in meaningful relationships.

#16     May 17, 2011
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

In many states right now getting a teaching job is next to impossible. In North Carolina there is a teaching fellows program with about 150 top students each year spread across about a dozen universities. These students get a "grant/loan" of $6500 per year if they teach in a public school in North Carolina for four years after they graduate. If they do not get a public school job then they must pay back the loan.

The problem right now is that few of these students graduating this year have been able to get a teaching job in any school system across the state. Due to state budget cuts of over 9% to the school budgets - all the county school systems are laying off. Large counties such as Wake are canning 1000 or more teachers, TAs, etc. A good number of teaching fellows will be stuck paying back the loan and have no job for income.

Most of the students in the Teaching Fellows program had over 680 on all sections of the SAT, 4.0 averages unweighted in high school, and 4.7 weighted in high school. These students are not slackers - they chose teaching because they are dedicated to it.

The surrounding states have no openings either. Can "ralph00" tell us where all the teaching openings are so I can forward this information to all the out-of-work teachers across our state. Many would be happy to move.

#17     May 17, 2011
  8. Even teachers in Texas, with it's economy growing but running a deficit, are being let go.

Finding a teaching job in the State of Texas is far better than most places however, they are still laying off in many districts around the state.

#18     May 17, 2011
  9. In my state, there are tons of districts getting rid of sports, art, music, ect. Some are even only having 4 day school weeks. Our education system is turning out to be a joke. My girlfriend was a teachers assistant for a while and she said kids would say fuck you to the teacher like it was nothing.

My father always said we need to have another depression or draft in order to restore gratitude and respect that once existed.

#19     May 17, 2011
  10. It didn't mention if she has any subject concentration besides being a flunky education major. If she studied enough Math or one the hard science, there are still teaching jobs in many school districts.

Why she would want a teaching job when she has a public relationship job. She is living with her parents, just can't she why she could not filled her gas tank with her pay - if she isn't working as a volunteer. lol

Some kids never learn to budget.

#20     May 17, 2011