I thought eSignal's data was so much...

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by bundlemaker, Mar 31, 2003.

1. better than qcharts. As far as I'm concerned it blows. I only trade Q's, DIA and SPY. Almost every single day the closing prices on the daily chart are way off from the intraday charts. Also, when I complained about their tick filtering not working correctly, I was more or less blown off. I was told: "that's just the way it is". I got new for eSignal, your product is broke. Period.

2. QCharts has quirks, but it's hard to beat for the price if you just want charts.

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you have that impression of our data, it's clear we did a poor job in troubleshooting the problems you were experiencing.

This recent press release regarding Stocks and Commodities Magazine's Readers Choice Awards is far more indicative of how our service is rated and valued.

Please email or PM me with your eSignal ID or username and I'll have a technician contact you directly and work with you until these issues are resolved.

Thanks,

Scott Johnson
    eSignal Support
    sjohnson@support.esignal.com

4. When I get a response like above, it shows me they're sincere about making it right. Frankly, I'm surprised. I'll let you all know how this turns out.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, bring tear to your eyes, RT are you listening?

6. Look, no charting service is perfect and esignal has problems here and there but at least the company gives enough of a shit about its customers to launch a forum like www.esignalcentral.com and have techs who scour these boards helping out.

Every time an esignal thread appears here on ET either Scott J, Chuck or Andy have a response usually that same day.

RealTick and Qcharts are a distant second in that regard.

7. jem

jem

yes since I am usually only prompted to write critiques when they are negative let me say the guy who helped me convert a little tradestation code was fast and cool. he helped me over a weekend. For the esig guys let me say it was dave loomis. Esignal should still improve some things like the way fib lines are handled but I was very impressed with the coding help.

8. Any chance of getting theopen book anytime soon. THat will be when i switch from realtick.

9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

NYSE Open Book should be included in our 7.3 release, currently in beta. 7.3 will be officially released later this month. Once we go Gold, we'll post a notice here on ET and you'll see lots of messages on eSignal Central regarding the new functionality.

Thanks.

10. I promised I'd update my experience. Turns out my gripes were partially with some eSignal issues and partly with data from the exchanges.

Jay from eSignal followed up timely to every one of my emails (he even tried calling me). He was very polite and thankful for my help.

Just knowing there is a real human being to talk to is delightful.

Two thumbs up for esignal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10     Apr 3, 2003