I think TIE is along here...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Restricted, Apr 26, 2006.

1. mizer

mizer

What price did you enter the postion at?

#31     May 9, 2006
  2. Doesn't seem to want to go down yet. I'm holding off on a short however tempting it may appear.

#32     May 9, 2006
  3. lol - at least you're a good sport about it.

:cool: :D :cool:

edit: i sold most of my position yesterday for a 13.25 profit. I'm looking to re-enter after the next sell-off. i attribute yesterday's pop to the airbus contracts with 3 titanium companies - for 10 years......

#33     May 10, 2006
  4. nampooya

nampooya

Nice trade.charts like this used to tempt and kick my ass,as my worst ever habit was top/bottom picking.What a run!

#34     May 10, 2006
  5. TIE is getting irrational, this company is simply not worth this much. A russian company got 70% of the titanium orders from Airbus, yet TIE & RTI are the ones to rip.

These are gonna crash hard just like they did decades ago.

But can't discount the asset inflation factor.

#35     May 10, 2006
  6. there are other things you apparently don't know about, like possible legilation that would require a significant percentage(100) of materials used in defense projects to be purchased domestically.

Your tune changing? I have a 110$ target on it - split adjusted would be 55$.

#36     May 10, 2006
  7. i re-entered on the open and filled at 83.53. good luck guys.

#37     May 10, 2006
  8. Don't matter. Stock is way overpriced, especially on smth that is "possible" instead of definite. Titanium is no longer in shortage like it was 2 years when I started following the stock. It's a cyclical business, not a new innovation, at least until titanium becomes a critical component of some new gadget.
    Titanium biggest uses are aerospace for planes and defense for rockets. Some medical uses too (hip & joint replacements) but those are minor. Aerospace is a cyclical business and will take titanium down with it. It's happened before and it will happen again.

What I really think is the case is that it's mostly asset inflation of the metals. There are only ATI, RTI and TIE for titanium plays in the US equity markets so thats where the money piles into. I will stick with undervalued gold & silver miners for now as they have provided better returns. Although RTI looks like the better play but at these prices, it's almost gambling.

#38     May 10, 2006
  9. nampooya

nampooya

I think the quote is "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

#39     May 10, 2006
  10. 90.55 AH. I think the original title of this thread should have been its premise.

#40     May 10, 2006