I think TIE is along here...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Restricted, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Take a look at RTI and TIE lifetime charts. They can go a lot higher than 41 P/E. But good luck on your short, I think a pullback is overdue. Not so sure about end of the cycle.

Personally I left TIE alone almost a year ago once it got pretty well known on Wall Street. Made the mistake of touching it once a couple months after, that was a big mistake. I think options is the way to go with the stock, buy puts so at least you control your downside. Stock can drop 10-20% in a matter hours, it's not unstoppable. Hell of a play, I wish I knew enough to actually seriously invest in it when I first found out about it.

#11     Apr 26, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

Would you care to explain your comment? Is the premium 10% of the underlying price?

#12     Apr 26, 2006
  3. Yes it will done through options only and this is not an end of cycle short just a reversion trade.

#13     Apr 27, 2006
  4. it's a cyclical driven of anothe industry that won't finish its cycle for another 2 years. Hope you plan on holding that long.

#14     Apr 27, 2006
  5. another comment after this mornings hit -
    there are some big boys playing this one. there was a 700k block that sold at open, then a 260k buy.

yeah, good luck with that short! :)

#15     Apr 27, 2006

6. Thanks for the kind words, its working out well so far.

#16     Apr 27, 2006
  7. i had to add something:

all commoditiy stocks are down today: aauk, pcu, ati, etc....

it's profit taking. have fun with that short.

#17     Apr 27, 2006

8. dude, you just got 0wned.

#18     May 4, 2006
  9. Yeah dude im ruined. Oh whoa is me.

Check back with me in 4 months sonny.

#19     May 4, 2006
  10. 4 months eh, that's a hella long time to have your cash tied up in one spot. :cool:

#20     May 4, 2006