I think TIE is along here...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Restricted, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Arbitrage had ZERO influence on TIE. NO stock moves 15% on unwinding of conversions/reversals/rolls nor defense of short gamma. Anyone who has any understanding of the mechanics knows it ain't so. TIE has less than 12,000 contracts of OI in the 35 strike and less than 10,000 in the 30s [high vol strikes].

Some need to engineer a theory to maintain the delusion of edge.

GOOG moves $55 on high OI strike pinning!

Go Gerbil go!

#91     May 19, 2006
  2. why don't you resign from ET.com and do a lot of us a favor if you can't learn some manners and start treating others better--- instead of calling other men whom you don't know names like a "gerbil" or posting meaningless photos that have zilch to do with trading!

I hope Baron bans you again but for good this time!

Before you go we have a few questions for you bro-- the EliteTrader.com options KING --- to-wit:

1. did anything ever happen with the SEC ? anything at all ever ?

2. how rich is your wife and Daddy?

3. did you ever earn a NICKLE on your own risking your OWN hard-earned capital when it was in short supply like so many self-made guys here on ET had to do? Or was it all FREE from the spouse and family etc.? Don't be ashamed to tell us

See ---- I made a million+ on my OWN--- starting with washing dishes in college, driving a cab, selling clothes, etc.. I put myself through school since my Daddy was not rich like yours is alleged to have been! I bought a 900k home in Lincolnwood Towers/Sauganash with my OWN money.

You ever have to do that stud !?

You continue to push around alot of guys on ET.com with whom you disagree AND apparently it's not good enough for you to disagree in a respectful manner while teaching/educating us with what could or might be greater insight into the options markets ---- rather you usually feel the need to show anger when you disagree with someone on ET? Why is that?

Are you really that insecure; seriously? Even with a million+ dollar home in Lake Tahoe (which you bothered to point out on another thread!) How sad that must be? Don't they have shrinks in Tahoe to talk it over with buddy! But it only goes to show what many of us have learned in life--- money alone can't buy happiness or class! You gotta build character to go along with it! IF it comes easy then you never have the chance to do that! Is that your story brother!

So enjoy the weekend in your really big home with your really beautiful wealthy wife Mr. Happiness!

Wow - didn't the Talking Heads write a song about you once!

ICEman1
    :cool:

p.s. don't feel bad - I married a multi-millionaire wife also many years ago -- but we got a divorce. I used to trade thousands of shares of stock at a time when most of my friends were trying to find enough dough to buy a used car, and pay their mortgage!

#92     May 20, 2006
  3. Once in a Lifetime (is this your theme song- or maybe it will be one day ?) :D :D :D

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
    And you may find yourself in another part of the world
    And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
    And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
    Wife
    And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
    Into the blue again/after the moneys gone
    Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where is that large automobile?
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful house!
    This is not my beautiful wife!

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

Water dissolving...and water removing
    There is water at the bottom of the ocean
    Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
    Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!

Into the blue again/in the silent water
    Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

And you may ask yourself
    What is that beautiful house?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where does that highway go?
    And you may ask yourself
    Am I right? ...am I wrong?
    My god!...what have I done?

Into the blue again/in the silent water
    Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was

#93     May 20, 2006
  4. You made a mil and live in a hovel in JOLIET Illinois? Jesus... isn't that a Superfund toxic site? Zip code 60431. Any chance you reside at Stateville?

Here's a thought... learn something instead parroting nonsense and passing it off as fact, like this pinning lunacy. Perhaps attempt to learn the basics and attempt some trading that doesn't involve buying/selling bollingers.

Yeah, wife is rich as an arab, big friggin' deal. You seem a bit obsessed. Better to marry well than be single in JOLIET.

I am a STUD... you are starting to get me hot, is that your intention? I've got a few unsolicited PMs from you in which you use that phrase repeatedly. You sound like you have a pretty mouth.

Gimme you address and I'll send you the free tee shirt:

[​IMG]

P.S. You made millions and you can't get around PDT rules?! How do you reconcile that?

#94     May 20, 2006
  5. I'll be happy to abide by a consensus of opinion that ET would rather have Iceman1 // Riskarb.

#95     May 20, 2006
  6. What I said is absolutely true. Further I don't know you but I know how you treat me and others on elitetrader.com. Afterall weren't you banned once already? Why -- you're a grown man with great knowledge of the markets?

I'm sure you have many great qualities (like most do in some capacity) , and it not my (or anyone elses') place to judge you or anyone else on ET or in life. But I am sick of you getting on my case and making personal comments about things that are none of your business to judge or critique. I neverr "attacked" you on ET before now. In fact last year or the year before I think I wrote you one or two PMs that were cordial and friendly - wishing you Happy New Year. D'accord? Therfore this is my last comment to you ever.

Your reply proves my point about character even though I have never met you. Persons throughout history has challenged many laws and policies without having been actually affected by them or maybe only indirectly. It's a concept spoiled rich jerks never fully understand until they get divorced, experience some loss or hardship in their silver spoon life such that they finally learn how millions of Americans and people all over the world who don't have their lucky life--- live daily!

The PDT rule is plain wrong. It is no different than anything in our society that discriminates for no valid reason or purpose. I was involved in many civil rights and other public interest issues issues when I practiced law many years ago. Most of my views on the PDT rule were outlined ad nauseum on the PDT rule thread. I still intend to challenge it in hopes the SROs will agree to revoke or amend it.

As usual though you show total lack of understanding and empathy---- the same altitude you consistently show on ET to many other posters not just me --- by asking why I would only want to challenged the PDT rule under certain circumstances. As is fairly typical with guys like you I have met throughout life, you cannot understand doing anything for principle unless there is some monetary gain or money involved. But 'beckett' (sp?) in case you skipped the class in LIFE101 ---- that is not the only reason people stand up and are counted daily in this Country. Have you ever, I mean ever, done anything based upon principle that bettered your community or Nation or other people's lives? And I'm not just talking about giving money to charity so you can get a tax deduction.

IF my friends or family etc wish to give me or anyone $24,999 x 100 accounts to open and trade I or anyone else should not be held to some arbitrary standard. I will not say more now. I have made my position perfectly clear on the PDT thread. But like the saying goes "for those who understand no explanation is needed--- but for those who do not no explanation will be enough"

I will have nothing more to say or do with you ever again riskarb If you PM me again I will delete them like months ago when you started attacking me, and making rude and unwarranted comments about VT. I have never read a single PM you ever sent although as you know you sent about 4-5 at least at one time after I told you to get off my case in a PM.

Try waking up. Stop treating people like you do here on ET from an attitude that you are somehow special because you were privileged to be born into the right family allegedly in Winnetka and not in some third world country or poor/middle class situation. Your knowledge of options and the markets seems exceptional. So why don't you stop putting down other people on here and just be satisfied contributing that vast knowledge for the greater good of ET and others who may be learning and are not as sophisticated as you are in that area?

Not everyone in life is as good as someone else in every area or skill. There is always someone better, more talented, better looking, more fit, bigger, faster, more intelligent, more artistic etc. etc. etc. Did you ever learn that? Well maybe it would serve you well to begin understanding it before you reach 40!

GL -- have a good life !

#96     May 21, 2006
  7. Off BRIEFING.COM Friday AM 7:24ET: Insider trading disclosed in filings after the close yesterday : Purchases: Titanium Metals (TIE 30.99) Chairman of the Board bought 200K shares at $31.84-$36.00...

The Chairman was back in the market, explaining why the stock was going to be frisky to the upside on Friday. This was not a day to short. Always check news related to a stock before assuming a directional bias, at least on an intraday basis. And on a technical basis, when this thing double bottomed from the day before while ATI and the market were diving to new multiweek lows, it was clear that this thing was going to have huge RS on any market bounce.

#97     May 21, 2006
  8. Crucis

Crucis

OK. I may be sticking my neck out, but I've just bought a 32.5/37.5 Bull Call spread. TIE @ $35.82 at the moment.

#98     May 23, 2006