I think this sums it up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Recently I've been posting a lot in this section. While I'm voting for Obama, I also support various Bush efforts...which it seems is pretty atypical. I've been studying a lot the last few months ( as this is the first election I am able to vote in) and I've posted the conclusions I have come to...especially with regards to the free market economy....I love it, but it has its inevitable and correctable pitfalls. I have been trying to impress my belief that there is no "right or "wrong". Things arent that simple and our leaders often have to make tough decisions of which there is no clear answer. I am voting a certain way because I believe thats what our country happens to need right now. I could be wrong, and you bet your ass if the facts were different I would be voting an entirely different way.

I also don't like some of the consequences the policies I support may breed, but you take the good with the bad and hope you have more of the former than the latter. Too many of you post your little quips about what we should do and how obvious it is to you and how perfect everything would turn out if we followed your advice. I think its ignorant to assume ANYTHING dealing with high levels of government policy has an obvious solution...especially if you've given little effort in coming to a conclusion. Anyways I found a quote that completely sums up the conclusions that I've come to and reassures me of my conclusion.

"The true rule in determining whether to embrace or reject anything is not whether it have any evil in it, but whether it have more of evil than of good...Almost everything, especially of government policy is an inseparable compound of the two..."

JFK