I think the shorts are (more) screwed here

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RussellDaytrade, Sep 10, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Yes businesses actually produce value and create employment but with the economy already on its knees how many business can successfully prop up from this recession and create the kind of growth this economy saw just 2 short years ago. The millions of jobs lost over the last 2 years will NEVER be seen again. This is a totally different environment this economy is in compared to any time before. The growth this market and economy has seen over the last 2-3 decades will probably not be seen for another 50 years. The cycle in my opinion is broken and will be for a very long time.

#11     Sep 15, 2009
  2. pitz

pitz

The jobs that have been 'lost' were crap jobs anyways. Like we need a gazillion nail salons, 7-11's on every corner, bankers, or mortgage brokers. If those people weren't working those 'jobs', then they would have been on welfare anyways. Actually, putting them on welfare is probably preferable to them wasting precious resources in the economy that would be more useful for other things. Like seriously, what value does a mortgage broker add to the economy?

Yeah maybe if one is a no-skill, untrained worker, I agree. For instance, if they work at a bank. But it will be glory days for people who actually add value to the economy -- engineers, scientists, and all the trades that support them. I personally won't shed a tear for the used car salesmen or mortgage brokers who will have to put their asses back on welfare.

#12     Sep 15, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

The jobs that were lost were crap jobs, hmmmm, I don't know about that, there are still a gazillion nail salons near me, 7-11's as well, there are even 4 dunkin donuts within 1 mile of each other where I live. To say they were crap jobs in my opinion isn't true, these jobs actually added to the boom and bust we saw over the last 2 years, construction jobs especially, how many millions of construction jobs were lost alone, if housing is a part of our economy then construction being the back bone of that was a big contributor to our growth in the economy.

#13     Sep 15, 2009