I think the high on the $SPX a few days ago was it...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Before asking any question online, its always best to do a google search or look it up on the wikipedia. Then after reading what you can find then come to a forum such as this one and post followup questions.

In this case, all the information you need to know is posted in this wikipedia entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mini_S&P

I have been sitting here patiently waiting for my prophecy to come true. I know I have been wrong before because if I was right all the time then I wouldnt be sitting here on this website, but out on some beach somewhere with a cute mujer in one of the main South American locations.

Here is what I know. I know I have been wrong before so I know its best to wait it out. I am waiting and so far here is what I see.

When Scott Brown was elected, the indexes sold off. When Healthcare Reform became law, then there was a quick one day shoot of the XLV and a few other main health related stocks, but then they sold off and been meandering ever since.

So whats going to happen now that the aid package to Greece has been announced? More sell on the news?

Hey, I know my bias, but I dont let it effect how I trade. Right now I am looking at NBG as a stock to go long if my bias is wrong. However, if that ES starts falling off the high pole then I am going to short the indexes in size.

Look at the chart below. I can imagine this turning into a head and shoulders. I dont place my faith in dandruff shampoo so I am going to sit right here and wait. I have been waiting for a long time for "my turn" to come. The EMINI will open anytime...lets find out...

[​IMG]

#51     Apr 11, 2010
  2. ChampM

ChampM

You might be correct -- I'm cautiously bullish. Not planning to add more longs until the risk/reward is more in my favor.

#52     Apr 11, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Futures up at the open, just like they are suppose to be. Free money to all!!!

INDEX VALUE CHANGE OPEN HIGH LOW TIME
    DJIA INDEX 10,991.00 38.00 10,965.00 10,993.00 10,965.00 18:01
    S&P 500 1,196.70 4.10 1,194.60 1,197.40 1,194.60 18:02
    NASDAQ 100 1,998.75 6.75 1,995.00 1,999.25 1,995.00 18:01

#53     Apr 11, 2010
  4. Posted in the ES journal, shorted some contracts a few minutes ago at 1197.50.

#54     Apr 11, 2010
  5. Blotto

Blotto

I want others here to understand that you and I have never communicated. I have no idea what you are ranting about "shitty trader" and "operate under multiple ids". Certainly not the conduct of an accomplished market participant.

It is not advisable, retaildaytrader, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener.

#55     Apr 11, 2010
  6. Blotto

Blotto

Despite your rudeness and bluster it appears you are one of those poor unfortunate souls who expects to find the tools necessary to compete in this business by merely analysing the popular news media.

As you have been rude to me I am not going to help you. Those other traders here who are in a position to help you will likewise not do so as you show a bad attitude. During dull moments I'm quite sure we are all quite amused to see you continue to make trading blunders. As you condemn yourself to remain at your current level I expect these blunders to continue.

#56     Apr 11, 2010
  7. emg

emg

Good Morning Traders!

#57     Apr 12, 2010
  8. emg

emg

plan on going long 1192.00

#58     Apr 12, 2010
  9. Oh, who am I competing against? All the edge I need is seeing how you guys react from day to day. Right now I am up 4 points on my ES trade last night.

#59     Apr 12, 2010
  10. emg

emg

filled at 1192.00

#60     Apr 12, 2010