I think Obama just jumped the shark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Facing a slew of economic bad news, President Obama said Friday the private sector is doing just fine but blamed Republicans for not helping out-of-work teachers and other public-sector employees – an analysis pounced on by GOP leaders.

“The private sector is doing fine,” the president said during a White House press conference. “Where we're seeing weaknesses in our economy have to do with state and local government. … If Republicans want to be helpful, if they really want to move forward and put people back to work, what they should be thinking about is how do we help state and local governments.”

Surely he can't be that stupid to say something like this unless he really doesn't want to be president anymore, which i suppose is possible he wants to make sure he doesn't get re elected

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

As long as he means all 57 states, I think it's a good plan.

3. Ricter

Ricter

How many state and local government employees have been laid off since this latest moneylender crisis began, upwards of a million?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now if only we could get rid of a million federal employees we'd be getting somewhere.

5. The president is so completely lost. Chicago teachers union is demanding a 30% pay increase and this nitwit is saying that's where we should put our resources. Oh, BTW, they have the worst school record in the nation, so hey, they're worth every penny. Meanwhile private sector workers are being told they will suffer yet more reductions in pay and benefits, but we're doing just fine. Clearly, the brother is still hittin' the pipe.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Money lender crisis. LOL! That's a convenient way of putting it.

7. Brass

Brass

8. As a US citizen facing a min $100,000 fed income tax bill next year , I suspect I have more at risk than you do if this clown gets re-elected.

9. Brass

Brass

Oh my, you're special. Tell me, do you walk around with a roll of cash in your pocket that you casually take out from time to time in the presence of company? You know, just to air it out. Oh, and do tell me more about your pinky ring.

10. pspr

pspr

No. But he thinks we are.

#10     Jun 9, 2012