I think Obama has been set up to fail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Ok Mr. Optimistic! We need more people like you in this Country... guys with no courage, little optimism and no faith in the future!

Yep YOU are what makes us strong!!!!

(puking)

#11     Nov 8, 2008

2. yes i get it, maybe you should read my post again. i stated that massive spending (fiscal stimulus) may prevent Obama from enacting his social agenda. when i said the global economy will heal itself, massive spending was implied as part of the healing process. pretty much thought this was common knowledge now, and i have discussed this in many threads. This thread is about Obama getting reelected however, so that is what i was emphasizing.

i am a trained economist as well as a trader. i nailed the housing collapse well in advance as well as the dollar low (discussed that in threads also). I "get it" more than 99% of the people here.

#12     Nov 8, 2008
  3. WOW

"a trained economist"

Is that like a trained monkey?! LOL LOL LOL

Yep, economists make weathermen and fortune tellers look brilliant!

#13     Nov 8, 2008
  4. Iceman you and I both know that you have no knowledge of massive spending used as economic healing and economic deflation impacts and theories. Sense you do not have any knowledge about the subject than why do you pursue to comment? You pursue to comment because you disgree with someones political views even though you don't understand the present subject in argument. The definition of ignorance is the condition or state of being uneducated, unaware and uninformed.

So i ask why do you pursue to comment when you have no knowledge of the subject? Are you bored with life? Do you get off on commenting on political forums?

The reason why this is important is because the quality of this argument is important to some degree. When a person consistently lowers the quality of arguments and debates it is only natural for the concise educated people to find a remedy in order to relieve the debate of the lowered quality.

Iceman you lower the quality of debates and arguments. Not only do you know you lower the quality but you actually decide to lower the quality.

The bottom line is that sense you decide to lower the quality you also advocate the spreading of ignorance.

There is nothing worse than an ignorant person advocating and spreading ignorance.

#14     Nov 8, 2008
  5. Bro IMO it's you not getting it.

The paradigm shift is so great that Treasury markets-the market Bush gets no credit for-are going to implode. Who're the buyers of massive new supply or if God forbid Asian CB's turn sellers? Does the U.S. Treasury's primary dealership community-or what's left of it- look to be getting leveraged anytime soon?

You act as if what Japan enacted in the 90's worked. I'm sure you see Nikkei quotes each night. See anything buoyant about the land of the rising sun? Their per capita debt makes us look frugal by comparison but unlike us they at least sell things. We sell Treasuries. That's OUR export to Asia. It's over. Obama is operating with the Clinton playbook-which Bush/Greenspan/Paulson/Bernanke used-and it's like bringing back Air Coryell. You're not going to be able to throw down field anymore. No liquidity. Another era. As you failed to perceive with the rate cuts NOTHING IS GOING TO HELP. Water finds it's own level-so do valuations- and any attempt to "stimulate out" could lead to VERY VERY grave consequences. This Congress and new administration are not the combo that fixed income investors will accommodate. As you know that was my #1 reason in opposition to Obama. The Bond market is once again God and Obama ain't no Messiah...

#15     Nov 8, 2008
  6. Iceman,

FUCK YOU!

It means I have several degrees in the field and know what I am talking about, unlike some of your ridiculous "trading" posts.

Many economists are quite good; however, most of the ones you see quoted work for the Government or Wall St, and have major conflicts of interest. They are not allowed to give a really crappy forecast until after shit hits the fan because neither the Gov or Wall St want people selling. These same guys give over rosy forecasts for the future as its THEIR JOB to do so.

Listen to the guys in academia or consulting, and they are usually pretty close. Read RGE Monitor for example. Roubini absolutely nailed the entire mess. He even published a 12 step process how it would unfold WAY in advance. Guess what happened? Unfolding exactly as he said it would.

Go away troll. You offer nothing of value to ET.

#16     Nov 9, 2008
  7. ammo

ammo

i saw Volcker on charlie rose and he has a handle on this ecoonomy ,oboma is bringing him in,Jay,do u think they will jack the interest rate again?

#17     Nov 9, 2008
  8. well I got the highest grade in my college econmics class (honest) and went to Northwestern Law school. But I admit it ... I skipped third grade!

Where were you "educated" or are you still doing that online thing?!

#18     Nov 9, 2008
  9. Listen you phony retard...

Like I said... weathermen make economists look good. In fact if economists had any value they would have been able to render a hurricane warning long beforer the category 5 struck the USA!

I didn't read you saying anything meaningful about trading or the economy until this election. If you did, point it out to all of us on this message boards... past a post wherein you said anything of value other than patting yourself on the back for economic degrees!

Oh yeah I also got a 89 on the series 7 the FIRST time! What'd you get... or couldnt you pass it? (there I go patting myself on the back like jayford)

#19     Nov 9, 2008
  10. Listen ... I did have a wife once !

b.t.w. for an irrational and inarticulate retarded moron like you (based upon the crap you write on here over and over again) to call the kettle black for making a few snide remarks... is a total farce! You have zero right to make any comments about others posting OT unless and until you finish 6th grade !

In fact this entire thread "Obama set up to fail" is more like a bunch of sore losers and far right-wing retards sitting around in a circle jerk and mentally masturbating about what could or might happen! And you have the chuztpah to make a comment about me when in fact this entire thread is a joke... it's an insult to a guy who just won the presidency and is going to try and lead the Country...

... so long as I keep seeing these meaningless threads on here that are no more than President-elect Obama bashing, while you persist in not bashing bush and his economic misfits enough... I will feel free to and will comment, make comedic or sarcastic replies and otherwise disrupt the small group of losers who persist in this unpatriotic uneducated and misguided bulls-t!

Let me translate... you are right about one thing.... I am intentionally not interested in engaging in real debate on these kinds of threads and therfor respond on the appropriate low-level keeping with the spirit in which they are posted! !

#20     Nov 9, 2008