I think Obama has been set up to fail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Nov 7, 2008.

1. The expectations on this guy are so high, I don't think anyone on the planet could live up to what is expected of him.

He has been put on such a high pedestal, he is bound to fall, especially during these times.

2. If the country is perceived to be moving in the right direction 4 years from now, Obama will be reelected because "you don't change horses..."

What is going to happen is that the government will borrow immense amounts of money to "stiumlate" the economy.

3. "WILL" borrow? You mean already borrowed. We have a TRILLION dollar deficit from the MBA president already.

4. I believe the opposite. Obama will enter office during a major shit storm so that no matter what he does, things should be better in 4 years. In that case, its hard to imagine him not being reelected. REALLY hard for me to imagine stocks being lower in 4 years than they are now, and the US still in Iraq (maybe Afghanistan).

Its all possible of course (anything is in my book), but I believe highly unlikely.

5. TGregg

TGregg

"He has been put"? He put himself up there. He scratched and clawed his way up then stopped just short of saying he was the second coming of Jesus Christ himself.

Some quotes for you.

When he was nominated he said history would show that "this was the moment when the rise of of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Just nominating Barry caused that to happen. Pretty impressive. Divine, even.

Or how about:

"We are the ones we've been waiting for."

You know Oprah cleared it with the Obama campaign before she said "I am here to tell you, Iowa, he is The One. He is The One!" He's freaken Neo from The Matrix.

Or his wife, who was proud of America for the very first time ever because Obama was running for the nomination. The superlatives from his campaign are so superlative that a new word is needed. No, he wasn't "set up to fail". Obama grabbed the crown and proclaimed himself man-god.

6. If Obama doesn't get the economy going during the next four years he will not be the next President of the US. And he has not been setup. That's ridiculous.

7. The global economy will heal itself within two years imo. Growth will be slow after that, but it will be growth. This will happen regardless of Obama policies.

I believe the only way this guy fails to be reelected is if he goes overboard on the far left programs requiring way too much spending, which in turn seriously damages the dollar. I sort of believe this won't happen, mainly because of the amount required to prop the economy will leave law makers leery about social excesses. If the dollar is hammered due to excessive fiscal stimulus, I believe Obama can explain that one away. But too broad of a social agenda would be 100% his fault.

8. Sataric rhetoric but true:
    http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
    November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45

WASHINGTON—African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can't catch a break."

9. ==============================
    Good Points.
    Strange year for politics, Jesse Jackson cried like a baby;
    perhaps realizing he could never be as wise as justice Clarence Thomas.

With all due respect to Senator Obama B. Hussein & Senator John McCain, who like to pretend a great gas milage auto will ''heal the planet''. Actually both may do a great job of alternative energy, like Pickens plan.

Problems are in 1929 & now, its drought, not global warming;
    drought[dust bowl] not global waming.

Black gospel singers Charles Johnson & the Revivers liked to sing about more rain ,more rain, ''rain , rain '',
    rhymes with pain.

And God gave Noah a rainbow sign;
    not just water ,but fire next time.
    ==========================

:cool:

10. You don't get it, do you?

We are looking at huge DEFLATIONARY forces that are collapsing the U.S. Economy . . . the ONLY way out of this mess is DEFICIT SPENDING over the next 2 years.

Otherwise, we are talking "Japan in the 90's" with the one major difference being that the Japanese actually had a savings rate of 40%, and our savings rate is ZERO!

#10     Nov 8, 2008