I think McCain won this first debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ZZZZZZzzzzz you seem so sure of yourself without making any statements of clarity regarding what Obama will do. Merely saying that Obama will help the economy, healthcare, food and gas without saying how is a very big hole in pretty much all of your arguments. McCain's spending freeze is the best economic idea yet. Obama is in total denial when he is asked about what he will cut in his huge 800 billion dollar health care and energy plan. If Obama cannot admit that he has to cut most of those programs than how can anyone take him serious about the other aspects of the economy. After the debate i think Obama still wants to spend 800 billion when the country is already in massive debt. Quite misleading. Also you can't blame Bush for the economic mess because in 1999 Clinton was the one who deregulated everything and Barney Frank was the one who pushed for more misguided lending.

#21     Sep 27, 2008
  2. Frankly, I don't know what McBush or Obama will do.

I don't believe either one of them know what they will actually do when they are president.

Neither knows what it is going to be like.

Sadly, we employ the Peter principle quite often when hiring the POTUS.

I think most Americans really want something different.

I am much more sure that Obama and a democratic congress will be different than McBush and a democratic congress.

I don't see McBush as an agent of change.

I do blame Bush, the buck stops at his desk, especially after 6 straight years of a republican congress...and all the approval he had following 9/11.

Do you really think he is going to be an agent of real change? Or more of the same?

#22     Sep 27, 2008
  3. Uhh yes, we can and will since it is absolutely 100% clearly the Bush administration's fault through their increasing of margin for large financial institutions combined with their penchant for decreasing regulation.

As for your other points, read Obama's 60 page policy plan which is posted on the web. It is cheaper than McCain's. You are expected to study up before voting.

#23     Sep 27, 2008
  4. I didn't watch those debates actually. I was talking about the normal talk shows and political roundtables... it's maddening seeing all those clowns cutting people off, very offputting actually and one major reason I've gone decades without a TV..

#24     Sep 27, 2008
  5. Absolutely false. You need to go do some study. Start with Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, FNM, Freddie Mac, Franklin Raines. That ought to give you a start.

OldTrader

#25     Sep 27, 2008
  6. So Obama should be a meanie tough guy like Cheney the popular?

LOL!

#26     Sep 27, 2008
  7. Normal talk shows like those on Fox News?

Buchanan has free reign on MSNBC...

#27     Sep 27, 2008
  8. http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/27/Early_polls_call_Obama_winner_of_debate/UPI-45301222489321/

Early polls call Obama winner of debate

OXFORD, Miss., Sept. 27 (UPI) -- Early polls pegged Democrat Barrack Obama as the winner over Republican John McCain in Friday's U.S. presidential debate in Oxford, Miss.

A CBS poll of uncommitted voters found 40 percent saying Obama came out on top in the debate, compared to 25 percent for McCain. Thirty-six percent called it a draw.

McCain was considered the better candidate in terms of running the war in Iraq, but Obama was selected as the best manager of the economy. The poll had a margin for error of 4 percent.

CNN ran an unscientific online poll that drew more than 80,500 votes, 67 percent of which went to Obama compared to 28 percent for McCain.

A similar NBC survey drew more than 291,000 clicks and gave Obama the win with 51 percent compared to 35 percent for McCain, while 7.8 percent said they weren't sure and 6.3 percent called it a draw.

#28     Sep 27, 2008
  9. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

i am enjoying msnbc fact check mccain right now. hilarious.

mccain criticizing a 3 million dollar program to reasearch bear dna. what about Palin's 3.2 million dollar program to research seal genetics? LOL.

#29     Sep 27, 2008
  10. More democrats are up late than republicans? This is not quite believable.

I thought McCain won, by a slim margin.

#30     Sep 27, 2008