i think it's shocking there are people that will disagree with this

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Attacking the person is ad hominem.

An argument is valid or invalid on the basis of the argument, not on the presenter.

#51     Feb 24, 2004
  2. yea, ART definitely makes for a good punching bag. :p

[​IMG]

#52     Feb 24, 2004
  3. LMAO!! :p :p

#53     Feb 24, 2004
  4. Turok

Turok

ART:
    >Ridicule is a common method used by flamers when
    >they lack effectiveness to generate arguments that
    >stand on their own merit.

There were plenty of valid points in there and you just choose ti ignore them.

Let's start with the "Parents know that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are imaginary to begin with." statement of yours.

Since they as children also believed in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, please support your claim that they new "to begin with"

JB

#54     Feb 24, 2004
  5. You hide behind ignorance for anyone who doesn't beleive in your views....The best part is that i can lead you around like a mule with a carrot......DO you really think you can taunt me? interesting......ok the game is on. Don't say i didn't warn you.

#55     Feb 24, 2004
  6. I imagine ART actually looks like that punching bag.

#56     Feb 24, 2004
  7. I'd be careful if I were you, you're nearly as stupid as ART!

#57     Feb 24, 2004
  8. The parents knew on the basis of their belief systems the Easter bunny and Santa Claus were imaginary when they used these idea with their children.

An actor knows he is acting, but does so for the pleasure and amusement of the audience.

He need not believe he is the part he is playing in order to be effective.

Parents "act" as if they believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to please their children and themselves.

No reasonable person would confuse belief in the tooth faith, the Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus as a religious belief system....though they may "act" the part of believing for the sake of their children religiously.

#58     Feb 24, 2004

9. let me get this ....you are attempting to argue about logic, yet you cannot figure out how to use the 'quote function"?????

LMAO!!!! :p :p :p ......you don't still have a smith corona at home do you???

#59     Feb 24, 2004
  10. are you our editor? A fitting occupation for one who is nearly as stupid as ART.

#60     Feb 24, 2004