i think it's shocking there are people that will disagree with this

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Limited:

adjective: subject to limits or subjected to limits

Intellect:

noun: [L. intellectus, from intelligo, to understand] That faculty of the human mind, which receives or comprehends the ideas communicated to it by the senses or by physical perception

So a limited intellect would be one that would reach a certain limit of understanding and not be able to go further in understanding without a greater experience.

A child has an intellect that cannot understand certain aspects of life that an adult does due to lack of experiences in life.

The atheist has an intellect that cannot understand certain aspects of faith that a theist does due to lack of experiences with faith.

If you had never eaten a strawberry, your intellect would be limited in knowlege of what a strawberry tastes like.

#21     Feb 24, 2004

2. good, you know how to use a dictionary and cut & pastee. wonderful.

--------

ok, you say "limited intellects" cannot know god. so what you're asserting is theists have an "unlimited intellect" because they have gone beyond this "certain limit of understanding" due to "greater experience"??

what greater experience would provide this unlimited intellect and the grand insight into god that follow?

-----

a child matures into an adult and realizes that santee claus and easter bunny are fairy tales. perhaps we atheists have also matured...

------

you've eaten the strawberry of god?? in what form did it take? what does god's "strawberry" look like??

:-/

#22     Feb 24, 2004
  3. for the record, i'm not trying to act like i have a ground breaking idea. i just think most people would disagree with me and i'd bet i'm right.

p. s. the real point of this is to point out that souls don't exist.

#23     Feb 24, 2004

4. Just for the record.....it is ok for people to disagree with you.....as for your idea, it has been done with monkeys before i believe....if i recall they only lived for 5 minutes or so....on the other hand, if sombody told your parents in 1960 that some day a plastic artificial heart would be used in humans for up to 40 days they would have never believed it possible...

what is the point you are trying to get at anyway? Is it that the mind is the person? If so then I agree with you...the mind is the spirit, the living soul.

#24     Feb 24, 2004
  5. Sknfoisiaanfingash, sjfioasjiofhaiohfioah, sifhiashfoiahsdifha....

this topic renewed for another round of art stupidity.

Unlimited intellect, ART, You believe in sea monsters! ART cannot possibly be as stupid as he makes himself out to be. ART tries to annoy us.

ART is actually a hardcore agnostic or atheist.

#25     Feb 24, 2004
  6. if you say the active brain is the soul, that's acceptable...but if you think a soul is a separate thing from an active brain, then i disagree. and btw, your so-called soul does not exist anymore when the brain is not functioning. the soul does not float up to heaven or some bs place when you die.

#26     Feb 24, 2004
  7. good, you know how to use a dictionary and cut & pastee. wonderful.

I did make the assumption that you could understand a dictionary.

ok, you say "limited intellects" cannot know god. so what you're asserting is theists have an "unlimited intellect" because they have gone beyond this "certain limit of understanding" due to "greater experience"??

I said the limited intellect cannot know God because God is beyond the capacity of a limited intellect.

A pint container lacks the capacity to hold a gallon of water.

I did not say that theists know God via the use of the intellect. I say that theists believe in God and practice faith.

what greater experience would provide this unlimited intellect and the grand insight into god that follow?

An unlimited intellect would have the capacity for the greatest experience.

Most theists however have come to the belief that they are not God, but rather accept that there is a higher power they can turn to.

a child matures into an adult and realizes that santee claus and easter bunny are fairy tales. perhaps we atheists have also matured...

Parents know that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are imaginary to begin with.

Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are not by definition Eternal, Omniscient, and Unlimited in nature.

you've eaten the strawberry of god?? in what form did it take? what does god's "strawberry" look like??

God will appear in whatever form you like. The limits are on your side, not God's.

You can imagine sweet? Imagine sweetest.

You can imagine kind? Imagine kindest.

You can imagine intelligent? Imagine most intelligent.

You can imagine loving? Imagine the most loving.

You can imagine the good? Imagine the best.

You can imagine great? Imagine the greatest.

If we imagine something that is real, is the imagination false?

#27     Feb 24, 2004

8. ....how do you know where the soul goes or does not go? or that it is separate from the brain?.....sounds to me like this is your own brand of FAITH in what you believe

#28     Feb 24, 2004
  9. How do you know what the soul, if it exists separate from the body, does when the body dies?

You don't know, you believe.

Yes, we know that you have your beliefs, but you are lacking knowledge of the proof of them.

#29     Feb 24, 2004
  10. before i go anywhere with this topic, SHOW EVIDENCE SOULS EXIST. i'm not going to discuss something that is basically concocted by man. where is the proof that there is something called a soul that exists separate from the active brain?? you won't find it because it is just wishful thinking by the religious.

#30     Feb 24, 2004