I think it's over for Apple, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by lynx, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Placebo

Placebo

You should always have anti virus installed, especially if your are connected to the internet. Yes even on a MAC. Apple Mac's get viruses too you know.

Do yourself a favor and get some anti virus before it's too late.

:D

#21     Apr 6, 2010
  2. #22     Apr 6, 2010
  3. Placebo

Placebo

From the article:-

"However, since no system can be 100 percent immune from every threat, running antivirus software may offer additional protection."

"In fact, the majority of such threats now come from code that targets weaknesses in browsers and other applications that aren't platform specific."

If you connect to the intenet via a browser, you are vulnerable.

#23     Apr 6, 2010
  4. Yes, it is possible, but not likely. My son who is on the internet 24/7 has never had a virus in the seven years he has owned a mac. The same with my daughter. I guarantee you that you couldn't be on the internet or open your mail with windows for 24 hours without getting a virus.

I've been using windows ever since it's inception. Now I've had a mac for 1 year. I will never go back to windows.

#24     Apr 6, 2010
  5. zdreg

zdreg

john33

New Post 04-06-10 04:14 AM

Quote from HolyGrail:

If you run parallels or fusion on a mac to simultaneously run os 10 with windows you don't need the virus protection on the windows portion as long as you only receive your email and surf the web on the apple portion of the operating system, so yes it opens, closes, and runs windows programs faster than windows itself.

anyone this stupid shouldn't be trading...

I wouldn't call anybody stupid before looking in the mirror. if you disagree with what he says debunk it.

trading is very democratic. the pro traders take everybody's money.

#25     Apr 6, 2010
  6. I wish I could short this statement.
    lol

You're clearly a glass half full kind of guy. With regard to your analysis, it seems tinged with what I see in a lot of posts like this - a general dislike of AAPL and the AAPL ecosystem. They've been calling for the demise of AAPL for quite a while. You're unfortunately not in very good company here on ET, as a couple of the resident class clowns have been saying 'AAPL is dead' since about $180 (retailstopfailure, this means you).

You asked us to tell you why you're wrong. The best analysis calls the next move, of course, but the company you described and the company we're seeing seem to be slightly different. The one you described as having made so many missteps shouldn't be doing as well as AAPL, should it?

Bottom line is that there is a ton of computing market share for AAPL to take over out there (I think AAPL had 5.1% on the latest... what's it called, COMSCORE or something?). As long as AAPL continues to create new categories of devices and continue to penetrate the home computer/laptop market, they'll be doing well.

It is, of course, disappointing that the iPad can't load web pages properly. You'd think that would be a prerequisite for a new category of handheld computer. But then they're saying that this isn't a computer...

At any rate, I'll wait for a fully functional tablet with an IPS screen in it. Then I'll happily buy one. I think it looks like a cool thing to have around, and $500 isn't all that much to me.

Get it?

#26     Apr 6, 2010