I think I posted this at some point in the past. But it is important.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Overnight, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Listen closely.

Saul who became Paul bears a very intense truth. Because he created the truth. *clucks*

2. jem

jem

Interesting scene.
    Its been a long time since I saw that movie.
    Is this scene all in Jesus' head?
    Illustrating that he must go to the cross?

3. In human history, a great general after once killing many members of a specific sect/cult, who would have no weapons for defense - except their belief of wiling to die for their belief, and after his conversion to become a member of the sect, most often he would change his name and hidden somewhere for the rest of hid life.

By not to mention any historical matters. Many of the Nazi generals would be like that. Some ancient Chinese generals after mass killing would live in temples hidden in mountains far far away from the public. They would probably have no right in teaching/educating peace. How about reflections - yes, possibly they could and only leave their writings to be known after death.

Why would people still listen to these once-evil-minded generals for their Holy sayings? That is beyond common logic.

How many times in human history and what were their names besides Saul/Paul did the same thing like what Saul did? Saul could be the only one carrying out this kind of process, without much regret by openly saying I am sorry, and I regret about what I did, and I beg your forgiveness, and I now would like to say good-bye if you allow me to go peacefully.

Can we read something like that from the bible? Probably yes - unsure, however absolutely very little - I think.

Letters expressing regrets should be written, instead of letters teaching theory/theology. imo

Were Paul's listeners independent thinkers like the Real Jesus wanted them to be ? Except those ones already killed (perhaps selectively) by Saul!

Another 2 cents!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. Paul was supposed a part founder (if not sole founder) of the contemporary Christianity of his age after Jesus' death. Almost the whole theory/theology about Christianity! A vital role!

Why the author of Acts stopped writing anything about Paul's death?

Who stopped the author writing something, anything about that? Persecuted? When, why, how, who (did that), where, ... ? Any details?

Perhaps Paul died naturally. Again: When, why, how, who (observed/told that), where, ... ? Any details?

Perhaps an impossible mission accomplished! Just disappeared! Nobody even noticed!

Did Paul finally change his mind and belief again by converting to anything else before his death? Nobody knows till now!

Why the death of Jesus and his disciples individually was so importantly traced and recorded? Why not for Paul, as he claimed by himself being the 13th disciple?

Did Paul meet Jesus a second time, perhaps he did, by the time of his natural retirement as being a human? For telling him something like "Lie no more about me". LOL

6. Why Paul was qualified as Jesus' disciple/apostle? What were the reasons?

Why many others who listened/learned/followed to Jesus teachings, face to face physically evidenced by other more formal close disciples, were no also Jesus's disciples? What were the reasons?

If the main reason was only the called ones by Jesus himself in order to learn his teachings by living around him were truly disciples, then Paul should not be a disciple at all, based on merely a moment of meeting with Jesus. With no evidence physically by others.

What did Paul learn from Jesus for that moment? Probably not much!

Some others also spoke and met with Jesus by showing/watching/touching his hands with pin-holes. Are they also called apostles/disciples, if they want/intent to claim that title? Probably not, that could not be easily accepted by most of others.

Why Paul can do that, and had got acceptance by most others without much objection recorded in the bible books? Zero objection! LOL

7. piezoe

piezoe

why are they prancing around ruins?. That's very crappy stone work for the time.

jem likes this.