I think I have a winning strategy. What can I do with it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by small_el_trader, Oct 31, 2017.

1. JackRab

JackRab

how were the stats on the 10 year backtest?

#31     Nov 2, 2017
  2. ajacobson

ajacobson

BTW - Don't hit the RIAs - go to the actual funds.

#32     Nov 2, 2017
  3. Something like 25 % CAGR, 50% max drawdown (from 2008). The exact numbers change depending on the dates of course.

#33     Nov 2, 2017
  4. How do you do that? I dont know what you mean by "the actual funds". The top investment manager?

#34     Nov 2, 2017
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Hedge funds - family offices to name just a couple. The people who actually run a portfolio. Not the folks like RIAs who simply manage a portfolio of assets someone else manages.

#35     Nov 2, 2017
  6. %%
    Profit with it; bull markets are like that-not a prediction:caution::cool:

#36     Nov 2, 2017
  7. tomorton

tomorton

Why not just trade yourself into early retirement? If you only start with £5k and compound your winnings, you'll still become a millionaire. Trading is easy work and your system is low risk, and you'll be boss of your own business. And who else that you know could simply decide to be a millionaire one day?

#37     Nov 2, 2017
  8. tomorton

tomorton

As you've back-tested over 5 years, what would have made you select these stocks 5 years ago? What criteria would you select to choose the next set of stocks like these?

#38     Nov 2, 2017
  9. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

What do you mean ? I have 4 stocks now, ok ? And a robust, backtested edge. Ok ? What more do I need, why should I bother about another set of stocks ? I have better stuff to do now... 1.) start managing a fund as a fund manager, managing other peeples money. 2.) Thinking about which yacht I should buy soon.

Really, all you need to remember is what I call now MBFS... this is like my supersecret nuclear power formula, ok ? What does it mean ? It means: Monday Buy, Friday Sell ! Wow, I should just name my investment fund after that ! The MBFS capital management fund, ok ?

#39     Nov 2, 2017
  10. Can you stop? You've posted a bunch of really sarcastic responses already. One is enough. I realize that this industry is full of scammers and that it's possible I'm totally wrong. But you've more than made that point.

#40     Nov 2, 2017