I think I have a winning strategy. What can I do with it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by small_el_trader, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Sure, and every contestant on American Idol assumed they would win.
    I'm not saying whether you have a gold mine on your hands, but just saying. saying the probable realities of the situation.

Find a strategy, or improve on a skill, that you can do on a daily basis...rinse and repeat.
    Instead of doing something slow and requires much money to be worthwhile or get off the ground.

This is Elite...Trader after all -- not EliteMutualFund,

#21     Nov 1, 2017
  2. ajacobson

ajacobson

Document your performance with your brokerage statements. Create a coherent presentation and go hit the managers in Portland.

This board has become incredibly harsh to anyone with a dream.

Make certain you can explain your methodology and demonstrate that it was one or two lucky trades.

#22     Nov 1, 2017
    sle likes this.
  3. I wondering how much to offer for exclusive rights to this method.

Thinking between 500k and 1MM.

#23     Nov 1, 2017
  4. dream or fantasy

#24     Nov 1, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Trippy man. Whoa.

#25     Nov 1, 2017
    Baron and SoesWasBetter like this.
  6. Where did you get the data for your 50 years of back testing? I did 10 years because that was all I could find (I got data from quandl).

No dividend stocks mostly futures for whatever that's worth.

I realize 1 year of trading isn't enough to declare this will work forever but I'm wondering just how much data I need to actually convince people.

#26     Nov 1, 2017
  7. How do you "go hit the managers"? Would an investment manager listen to someone who walked in off the street with some brokerage statements and a powerpoint presentation?

#27     Nov 1, 2017
  8. JackRab

JackRab

40% in a 25% bull year isn't amazing... and I haven't seen a 10% pull back in the SP500 this year, so your 10% drawdown makes your strategy quite normal with maybe a bit more volatility...

Almost seems like you have a leveraged SP500 product, a 2x ETF or something... that would get the same results...

#28     Nov 1, 2017
    ironchef likes this.
  9. ajacobson

ajacobson

"How do you "go hit the managers"? Would an investment manager listen to someone who walked in off the street with some brokerage statements and a powerpoint presentation?"

Many won't - you only need one. Portland is a lot easier than NYC - smaller. When I was on the exchange side I hit it every five weeks. TheNines hotel and Michael Allens menswear with their resident Cavalier King Charles.

You'll get rejected and turned down a ton, but you raised the issue of what to do and you'll only need one yes. You certainly need to demonstrate some initiative. Everybody will snipe at your results, but without any initiative, you are doomed.

When you have your presentation shoot me a copy - ajacobson@exitosus.com and I'll give a sense of how it sells.

#29     Nov 1, 2017
  10. sle

sle

Or, if it's somehow can be perceived as a carry strategy, be ready to defend that it's not.

#30     Nov 2, 2017