i think i fkup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by howardy2k, Jul 10, 2003.

1. #11     Jul 11, 2003
  2. complex

complex

if your hard drive isn't spinning up, then is it possible you jostled some connectors loose? check the power cables and ide cables going to your hard drive and to ther motherboard. if tehy seem secure, disconnect them all and reconnect them.

on my iwill the bios key is delete.

also, if you have nothing on your screen at all, check the video card connections.

complex

#12     Jul 11, 2003
  3. ER9

ER9

You may need to manually clear the CMOS before the computer will boot again.

When you do this it should automatically reset all your BIOS settings back to their default settings (meaning once the computer boots you shouldn't need to set anything in the BIOS).

Manually clearing CMOS usually means temporarily re-setting a jumper on the motherboard itself or shorting a jumper. Both meathods are very easy except every motherboard has its own meathod for doing this and jumpers are usually tricky to locate.

You will need to identify the manufacturer and model of the motherboard and check out their websight for a manual, or e-mail them for instructions on doing this. This information is usually printed somewhere on the board itself.

#13     Jul 13, 2003