I think I figured out why trading can never work for so many people

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ChkitOut, Mar 2, 2013.

1. I sometimes feel that NoDoji and Cornx is the same person.

#11     Mar 2, 2013
  2. NoBias

NoBias

She did it through dedication, the one common denominator of all successful individuals. It wasn't luck, it was pure will, effort and hard work.

Additionally, it isn't the amount of time one invests, but the quality of that time. [ref: the 10,000 hr rule / thread / comments]

"Chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

#12     Mar 2, 2013
  3. i agree this is important. i can stare at charts for the next 30 years and not learn enough to make money. u have to focus your efforts on the right things

#13     Mar 2, 2013
  4. Exactly......

Now we know why the magician got so fucked up.

He is like a Tom cat pissing in every thread....LOL.....

Here he comes again. More pissing around .....

#14     Mar 2, 2013
  5. Why?You say it,if you ''know''.

#15     Mar 2, 2013
  6. Hey,retard!I`m asking you!Why you ''know'' i`m so fucked up?

I`m pissing only on scumbags and liars.Your a both in one,so i`ll be pissing on you x2 times more.

#16     Mar 2, 2013
  7. i appreciate your as usual quality posts.

for a new trader this is at the heart of the matter of why she will get frustrated and quit. because logic will lead her to the next question.. she will say, "someone show me one thing the market does over and over that puts the odds in my favor. certainly there has to be someone out there that can show me one pattern, setup, or whatever you want to call it." just like the piano player has countless examples of music sheets of previous master piece songs

but she will never get an answer and so frustration builds until her trading career bursts before liftoff.

#17     Mar 2, 2013
  8. WoodyK

WoodyK

#18     Mar 2, 2013
  9. I didnt realize how little I actually critically thought about stuff on a day to day basis. A lot of people are walking talking zombies and will never realize how much their thoughts are actually influenced by outside and past factors in their life. If this sounds crazy than you're a consumption zombie too.

#19     Mar 2, 2013
  10. There are patterns out there like that. But are you patient enough to wait for them to develop fully and to dismiss all but those of the best quality?

Well, you partially answered it in the negative by mentioning the frustration aspect of the game. Yes, it's real. You need to work on it too. Otherwise, even the most reliable patterns will only add to your frustration.

The name of the game is "detachment" or at least that's how I see it. And the more money you have to play it, the better your chances of success. Most people fail miserably in these two categories, so no wonder they fail at the game.

That's a pretty universal pattern when it comes to business. It does not apply just to trading.

#20     Mar 2, 2013