I think I discovered the big guys' secret...share your secrets here!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bakinec, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

I gave two hints in this thread. It should be easy now to find out that interval, unless you don't have the ability to count.

#31     Aug 17, 2009
  2. Okay, I'll give all you new traders out there the holy grail. Listen closely. Very closely. This is what you have been looking for. You may want to blow this post up to 6in. letters, print it out and frame it.

"Go long after a green candle, go short after a red candle."

#32     Aug 17, 2009
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

I'll be glad to reveal one of my trading secrets, because so many here have revealed their secrets to me ("Mojo." - Red_Ink; "Lucky coin." - Robert Weinstein; "Ranching technique." - JH; "Increase the # of shares, girl!" - Jack8031).

Using a 12cm x 13cm sized chart in PowerEtradePro, short when price pivots after moving at least 1 cm above the 20-period MA; long when price pivots after moving at least 1 cm below the 20-period MA, placing your protective stop just above or below the pivot bar.

This is called the "1 cm MAgnet" strategy :D

#33     Aug 17, 2009
  4. Stok

Stok

Again, I am just assuming, but u say you use the 15min chart, and are looking for some sort of volume "interval" or absolute volume #. Maybe it is above avg volume bar? Does open vs. close on the 15 min bar determine the bias?

#34     Aug 17, 2009
  5. Gub, just be aware of the fact that you are new and that you'll probably have many epiphanies along the way that seem like you've "got it" only to show you, as time progresses, that you don't. But each piece of knowledge fills in a blank of the overall picture and is essential for progress.

Just dont get too cocky, if I had a dollar for every time I thought that I "had it", I'd def be able to buy a nice steak dinner in Manhattan :)

#35     Aug 17, 2009
  6. Bakinec

Bakinec

Ras, my comment wasn't aimed at anyone specific. Although I know exactly what you're talking about... I lost count of how many times I thought I've found the "Holy Grail of trading" only to feel like an idiot later. :)

Nope.

You start from a swing high or low, and count forward (or backward) through bars up to a certain amount of volume.

Let me make it easier for you...

August 7th high was a swing high.

#36     Aug 17, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

You're right Gub, congratulations. Also, please pay attention to the 15 min bars in ES for the 7:30 and 7:45 bars CST. 7:30 is 10 minutes after the S&P pit opens in Chicago -- that's why these bars are important.

And do pay attention to Rasko's post just above this one. He's right also, and things do change, so what works well now may not work as well 6 months from now.

Good trading to you. I like your enthusiasm, and your observant nature.

#37     Aug 17, 2009
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

NoDoji: I seek the Grail! I have seen it, here in this castle!

Dingo: No, oh no! Bad, bad Hermit!

NoDoji: What is it?

Dingo: He has been setting a light to our beacon, which, I've just remembered, is Grail shaped. It's not the first time we've had this problem.

NoDoji: It's not the real Grail?

Dingo: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty evil Hermit! Oh, he is a bad person, and he must pay the penalty!

#38     Aug 17, 2009
  9. Bakinec

Bakinec

I appreciate your encouragement, piezoe.

I am well aware that things change, and as I pointed out in my reply to Ras on the 4th page, I'm not new to thinking I found something special only to feel like a fool later on and my comment wasn't pointed at anyone in particular.

I'll check out the times you had to kindness to point out! Thanks for the tip)))

#39     Aug 17, 2009
  10. Nodoji, I fart in your general direction! ...now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

LOL :D

#40     Aug 17, 2009