I swear that if I see these trolls from Westboro Baptist Church I will go crazy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kmgilroy89, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Personally, I'd like for someone to go after them, so I'm on your side. All I'm saying is that you can't use the Freedom of Speech argument to support your actions. If you wish to disrupt them, then you'll have to be creative or willing to accept the consequences legally of your actions.

But I've longed for them to get the crap kicked out of them.

#21     Dec 18, 2012
  2. Agreed we should be allowed anything the US military has and more if we so choose.

#22     Dec 18, 2012
  3. The only one butt hurt here is you ya lil fascist turd.

You can't go around assaulting people expressing their freedom of speech... what's got you so confused about that?

#23     Dec 18, 2012
  4. I have to disagree that the WBC has the freedom of speech to say I'm happy your kid is dead. That ain't free speech, it's a verbal assualt and should be treated as such. This idea that anyone can say anything to anyone at anytime is nonsense. Those that abuse the freedom should lose it. Eventually we will all lose it because of some head cases like the WBC.

#24     Dec 18, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can't begin to censor what is acceptable free speech and what is not. That is a slippery slope.

#25     Dec 18, 2012
  6. We already do.

#26     Dec 18, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Where?

#27     Dec 18, 2012
  8. We censor things in the media. Bush signed into law the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act in 2006. I believe this should be extended to all citizens. The bill passed 408-3.

#28     Dec 18, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The media is censored by company policy, or because the Federal Government owns the airwaves. Cable, for instance, isn't censored. It's just that most channels choose not to air particulars in order to not offend their audiences. This is a choice, not a restriction.

As for the act Bush signed, I'm pretty sure that none of the text says the WBC can't say whatever they want to say. It just says they have to give distance between them and the funerals. But nothing about it restricts free speech. That's how they were able to pass it so it didn't go against the constitution.

#29     Dec 18, 2012
  10. fhl

fhl

Lincoln threw all kinds of people into prison for saying things he didn't like.

The US is not a constitutional republic.
    We are a democracy.

Just admit it and be done. Why argue.

The majority gets what it wants. Or at least if the media is able to twist everything like a pretzel to make it look like the majority is for it.

#30     Dec 18, 2012