I Still Think Trading is Easy

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Traber

Traber

lol yep.

On the main topic.

I'm practicing swing trading now. I'm not fast enough for scalping and the best advice I got here was if you're failing at trading move up your time frame, whatever it is tick, volume, minutes and see if that helps.

#31     Aug 1, 2008
  2. The downside, of course, is that for a given number of markets, you will have fewer setups and a greater dollar risk per setup, all else being equal.

#32     Aug 1, 2008
  3. Don't read my posts, most of them contain false information. You will be poisoned mentally, even physically.

You have been warned.

#33     Aug 1, 2008
  4. Generally, the market is quite efficient. The long line of bodies left of would-be Jesse Livermores is testimony enough how difficult trading is and how well the market accounts for most critical information

Many here say otherwise, but I see their posts, not their verifiable trading blotter.

#34     Aug 1, 2008
  5. Finding the setups can be easy if you have experience and creativity and the right mindset, but no matter how good you are at spotting the setups even if you're a Buddhist monk the emotional aspect of trading is what's difficult. Avoiding falling prey to the traps of our human weaknesses is never easy.

#35     Aug 1, 2008
  6. doli

doli

I agree.
    My first day daytrading was on a broker's web page. I could get one real time quote by typing MSFT into a box. So, I did that over and over, as fast as I could. After awhile I saw that it was moving up and down by 25 cents +/i a few. I started long 1000 shares and sold when there was $250 in the till. Then I watched it go down and bought again for another $250. Did that several more times and it was so tedious typing MSFT over and over that I copied MSFT into the mouse so I could paste it into the box with a mouse click-- still had to click a button to send the quote request to the broker -- life's a bitch, sometimes. After some more longs, I realized that I could short the stock when it was up and get twice as much money for half as much work.

Sometimes I think that I'll get the statement for that day and pull up a chart, but then I think that seeing the chart might scare me.

True story. P.S. I was on dialup then.

#36     Aug 1, 2008
  7. GGSAE

GGSAE

I have an army of highly profitable traders within immediate contact, do you really think i put any faith into the jibberish from 'traders' like yourself. My comment was sincere; stop wasting your time posting here and find something more constructive to do with your time.

#37     Aug 1, 2008
  8. Profitable traders do not come in "an army," you delusional lunatic! Rather, they are like hair on your bald and shiny head.

Also, ET is a good place to pass time.

#38     Aug 1, 2008
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

Maybe if you took trading more seriously you would have fared better.

#39     Aug 2, 2008
  10. Cesko

Cesko

RM couldn't do without huge up,downswings. He has too much gambling in him. Without these swings he would be in danger of hanging himself out of sheer boredom.

On the other hand check Red_Ink_inc blotters. He might be making close to million bucks with practically no drawdowns. Ideal trading. Too many trades though. Personally I am too lazy for that.

#40     Aug 2, 2008