I Still Think Trading is Easy

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Post your trading blotter

#21     Jul 31, 2008
  2. I am putting you on my enemy list. :mad:

Edit: Your foul language was deleted, making my response unreasonable.

#22     Jul 31, 2008
  3. bgp

bgp

4dtrader are you paper trading:confused: :confused:

bgp:D

#23     Jul 31, 2008
  4. Negative.

I don't advocate paper trading if your problem is human. If your problem is human and you paper trade, it's like learning how to swim on a tread mill.

If you test a new strategy, it usually can be done visually on a single night. Paper trading is not necessary.

#24     Jul 31, 2008

5. Trading's easy once you have a strategy that works. but coming up with one that actually has an edge is a bitch

#25     Jul 31, 2008
  6. Because we all know what a great trader you are.

Back to Wallgreen's 4D. There is a clean up in aisle 4...

#26     Jul 31, 2008
  7. what about when the edge is gone? look at Rearden Metal, who is an excellent experienced trader and who is capable of 1M/year in profits. this year he had a drawdown of 80% of last year profits. right now he seems to be making good progress toward being profitable for the year, but i would not call this "easy trading"!

#27     Jul 31, 2008
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Hands down the funniest thread on ET, I'm ROTFLMAO, and if I'm dead tomorrow it's 4D's fault :D

#28     Jul 31, 2008
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

Please don't start anymore threads in the psychology forum, trading forum or anywhere else. You should be posting at elitejanitor.com so you can give actual advice that may be useful to someone.

#29     Aug 1, 2008
  10. Hi, I am not sure that trading is that simple. Market is basically "inefficient", so it is sometime take extra hardwork to understand them well in order to end up profit (+) at the end. You could be winning much today and losing them all the week after. So if you have been winning trading lately while doing your groceries, that most likely is due to luck, so be careful as luck may not always be there to stay with you all time. :)

#30     Aug 1, 2008