I still have to know a daytrader who makes money in the long run...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I wouldn't put my money into anything with a shorter life span than me, and the whole notion of long-term investing is laughable, in my opinion. Keeping money current in a guaranteed investment vehicle is one thing, but expecting it to grow when it's out of your control is foolish, again, in my opinion. I am sure there are exceptions.

Success.

#31     Aug 28, 2008
  2. bone

bone

What an asinine statement of a thread.

#32     Aug 28, 2008
  3. germantrader: there are investment vehicles like real estate that can yield you a lot of % yoy. just think of buying a 100K euro apartment that you then rent it for 2K / month and you have a 24% return on your investment yoy. buy 5 or 6 of those and you are financially free so to speak and live off rent money without having to trade for a living.... trading for a living is not such a viable goal after all... you wouldn't want this routine day and day out for the rest of your life, do you?

#33     Aug 29, 2008
  4. Pips?
    You mean Forex Spot?

You have 99.99% of losing money with Forex Spot.
    If you don't lose by your own, your broker will "help" you lose.

Google about bucketing.

#34     Aug 29, 2008
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Where are these 100k apartments yielding 24k per annum?

#35     Aug 29, 2008
  6. Didn't we go through this before Crgarcia on a different thread. I am not in the mood of rehashing old arguments today. If Forex Spot is not for you, cool, do you and I will do me. Thanks for the unsolicited advise as always:D

#36     Aug 29, 2008
  7. Biog

Biog

Come on, I see them all the time on TV. Don't you watch the late-night informercials? I certainly do when trading globex at 3:00 am....:D :D

#37     Aug 29, 2008
  8. Biog

Biog

#38     Aug 29, 2008
  9. I invested in real estate. I gained 10% per year averaged over 20 years, including tax benefits. That is a shit return. 24% is one hell of a return for real estate, unknown in America year-over-year for that period of time. Congratulations on such a great return! But even 24% is a poor return for a trader.

Trading for a living? Have been for 8 years now. Why wouldn't I want a career where I:

1. Have the option of going to work today or not;
    2. Taking a week off to travel, without trading along the way;
    3. Taking a week off to travel, trading along the way;
    4. Work without a boss except me;
    5. Make a long weekend if I feel the urge;
    6. Get paid whenever I feel the urge;

on and on...

Why would I want to commute and punch a clock in someone else's office? Unless you're geared for being a slave and not a trader. In which case, you belong outside of ET.

#39     Aug 29, 2008
  10. you obviously have never done this longterm yourself. Some of us have, and we know it doesn't work this way.

#40     Aug 29, 2008