I Sold 40% of My Portfolio Today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 28, 2006.

1. The smart man will take his profits when they are profitable and the other guy will hope they go back up.....You have chosen wisely to sit on some cash and your hands and wait for the deals to come to you.....Today is just chasing.....Sad what people will risk for 2%....Don't get me wrong I was buying a little lately, but it was almost completely stocks that I sold much higher in the past month or two.....

XING, CVS/CMX, ADM, T, CBB, LYO, CMCSA, ANF, ENR, FDG.......To name a few bought over the last few days!!!!

It's much more fun to have the cash and look for a deal than to chase a stock.....

#31     Nov 29, 2006
  2. hels02

hels02

UL does look really good, I never followed it before, it would be a nice dip buy and I'm adding it to my watch list. Thanks!

Who here's chasing stocks? :confused:

#32     Nov 29, 2006
  3. I have only sold the losers....

#33     Nov 29, 2006
  4. Sold 40% of your Portfolio?

[​IMG]

#34     Nov 29, 2006
  5. Gains to Pain.....DOHHH

Cliff diving for stocks going on today!!!!

#35     Nov 29, 2006
  6. Remember to have a good short term top from a daily chart T/A standpoint, you want to see a "lower high" to get most to believe it...........today could be that action.

#36     Nov 29, 2006
  7. lmao.

I really am fine with it.

#37     Nov 29, 2006
  8. Just messin' with ya. :)

I transferred most of my 401 to cash about April.

Never put it back in. Pretty dumb, huh?

Oh well, it's only money! :D

#38     Nov 29, 2006
  9. Oh, I know.

I do think this is a very interesting time for the equity markets.

I have never witnessed a soft landing.

I'm looking forward to it. True story. :D

#39     Nov 29, 2006
  10. I have a question: if you were down by 32% YTD, would you have sold 40% of your portfolio , even with the same analysis pointing into the same direction, down ?
    In a way, it looks to me like cutting your profits short. I think it makes sense psychologically, not sure it does statistically. But I understand how you feel, because I am in your areas of profitability. But if this year, the market wants to reward me for a 60% profit, I do not think I should cut this "potential" profit arbitrarly. But I see your point. I am nervous !

#40     Nov 29, 2006