I smell easy money around the corner...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neutrino, Jan 9, 2004.

1. #21     Jan 9, 2004
  2. Easy money? Yes, follow the trend and the flow and the moeny and go long.

#22     Jan 9, 2004
  3. "Easy" is one of the most relative terms I know. What does "easy" refer to in this context? How much money? How fast? How "easy"? What is "easy", or what does still qualify as "easy" without being hard work?

For example, a surgeon with 20 years experience could say "doing a heart transplant is easy money". Well, is it easy? How about the time he had to study and pratice? Does it still qualify as easy?

Another example, this time robbing a bank. A bank robber could say (and you must agree) that bank robbery is "easy money". Well, unlike the day trader or the cardiovascular surgeon, he required no education or skill, whatsoever. Did that render the task easy? How about the psychological impact of it, such as taking the enormous risk, and making the decision to do so in the first place? In consideration of this, does it still qualify as "easy money"?

Aren't the markets just like bank robbery at times? All you need to do is walk in, point gun, ask for money - Isn't it? Sure, if there wasn't the psychology factor. It takes a lot of guts to walk in, do it, walk out, without dropping out crying somewhere on the way because of fear to get caught! Trading can be like that. It can be so easy to just put on the trade and take the money. But the fear of getting caught and no way back, that's what makes you bail out - and lose.

How about the starter of this thread? Do you think if you entered long now, then exited with a huge profit that it was "easy money"? How about if you had no knowledge about trading? Could you still put on the trade, or even consider it "easy"? How much study/work did it take you in the first place to be able to consider this "easy"? Do you think all forms of trading may become "easy money" to you one day? At which point in your trading career would this be the case?

Worth thinking about IMO. "Easy", "not easy", It's all in your mind.

#23     Jan 9, 2004
  4. LOL! That is so funny! What a hilarious coincidence though, I didn't even read this link before I posted the bank robber analogy below! Can you believe that? :eek:

Well, we clearly have a point now that it doesn't require much "smart" to be a bank robber... :D

#24     Jan 9, 2004