I smell easy money around the corner...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neutrino, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Are u suggesting about big bull market from now?

#11     Jan 9, 2004
  2. You are wading through the typical Australian wet season swamp, saying "I smell easy profits from selling alligator hide". All of a sudden...

Alligators & crocodiles in the swamp are:
    - In the majority
    - Faster than you
    - Much bigger than you
    - Have much larger teeth than you
    - But they aren't as intelligent as you

Traders in the market are:
    - In the majority
    - Faster than you
    - Much bigger than you
    - Have much larger teeth than you
    - Are possibly more intelligent than you

Can you spot the difference?

Scientist

#12     Jan 9, 2004
  3. Some good points there -- any weakness in short-term may be buyable for shorter-term trades.

#13     Jan 9, 2004
  4. jem

jem

There is easy money. It when funds just want in. instead of saying in at a good price. I am sensing that also.

#14     Jan 9, 2004
  5. Dear neutrino,

Thank you for giving us some more information. From the above I see that you still are a "baby" in this game. You will not find anything of that kind on ET: NO EASY MONEY overhere. Only sweat and tears.

Pay some attention to Scientist's riddle. This is very true. Try to become the smartest crocodile on ET!

Good to you,

nononsense

#15     Jan 9, 2004
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I'd bet against the COMPX being 2400 on 2/9/04. I'm focusing on shorts.

#16     Jan 9, 2004
  7. OK, I'd like to thank nononsense and the Scientist for their advice. But I expected some real feedback from guys like you (I've read many of your posts here and I find them very valuable), may be I had to post some more from the very beginning but I didn't want to bias the discussion and give an early direction.

I used the term "easy money" because if a newbie buys AMZN today for (let me check) 50 and what I expect happens, all he has to do is wait a month and see the stock go to 80 and sell it. He would think that's easy money he has just "made".

Of course there is no easy money = meaning that if this guy doesn't have a plan and discipline, he will sell it too soon, then buy some tops, sell some bottoms and so on, but he probably will make some money, no matter how inexperienced he is.

The reason I posted this thread is because I wonder if I should sell my stocks today (my account just shot up 10%) or wait and go into a position trade... As you all know, it's the exit that matters.

#17     Jan 9, 2004
  8. Hi neutrino,

I understand your question. I only touch futures for at least 6 or 7 years now. If you are not sure about your current holdings - sell. Be happy that you show a 10% profit for now. Your hesitation suggests to me that you badly need more study to sharpen your strategies.

I believe that you will never find "cheap" advice on this board.

Good luck neutrino,

nononsense

#18     Jan 9, 2004
  9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

according to advance decline line it looks undervalued...

#19     Jan 9, 2004
  10. be contrarian,

this market is overvalued, dollar is going down to fast.

Dow 10.200 s&p 1100 before the-end- of the month.

Good Luck.

#20     Jan 9, 2004