I should have listened, IB is indeed a joke.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by harkm, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Yes. Its a different model. Basically computerised, fast, efficient, cheap. But to get all those together the customer service is limited.

If you stay you'll probably end up liking it. Lots of us did and have which is why the scraps are so violent. The "it suits me fine" vs "it's crap." Of course this is ET so that might have a little to do with it.

#31     Apr 21, 2008
  2. I don't understand why... IB doesn't have a fully staffed office for overnight US traders. Considering the volume that they're doing I would think they, of all brokers would.

That being said. IB was my first futures/options broker. I have yet to find a broker which matches their prices & range of services. Even so, after trying a few other brokers of late, I find myself wondering if I'll ever go back. I have no desire to ever listen to their wait music again... or read another on of their half thought out emails.

I've never bashed IB publicly before.... just my 2 cents.

#32     Apr 22, 2008
  3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

hark - It appears you may have half of ET on ignore, in the 2 hours 40 minutes that you've been posting there have been the following posts:

9:06, 9:08, 9:51, 10:04. 10:06, 11:37
    All posts suggesting to call the HK office

9:08, 10:04, 11:37
    Posts with IB Contact details posted

We have 24 hour customer service. As per posts above, the HK office is currently open. They will be able to assist you. Here's a link which lists all of our contact details and opening times:
    http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=customerService&ib_entity=llc

#33     Apr 22, 2008
  4. Midnight:

In your posts in this thread you have used adjectives to describe IB, or their actions, like: brutal, unethical, immoral, irresponsible, force, and flawed.

This in a situation where you actually knew very little, except what the OP said in an emotional outburst. Evidently it was OK with you to malign a company with the above adjectives with what turned out to be incomplete information.

Now, you want to tell me I'm sarcastic, condescending, and immature?

I guess based on what little you need to start slinging adjectives around, your words really don't mean much do they?

Next time you decide to jump IB, just have your facts, not some supposition on your part, especially if you're going start calling them unethical and immoral, amongst other things.

OldTrader

#34     Apr 22, 2008

5. You confuse IB the broker with the chinese walled component of IB that is a market maker / trader. Actually (I don't know) the US offices for that activity might not even be open - they may follow the sun into Asia and Europe.

#35     Apr 22, 2008
  6. OK dad.

#36     Apr 22, 2008
  7. harkm

harkm

Steve, I will just sort this out in the morning. There is no pressing issue with my open trades. I will also opt out of the security measure since I never want to be locked out of my account and having to call overseas for a rep.

#37     Apr 22, 2008
  8. balda

balda

hackers often under impression of a problem may try to get an access to a system.

I am glad IB takes this issues very seriously.

#38     Apr 22, 2008
  9. rcj

rcj

#39     Apr 22, 2008
  10. bob83

bob83

i think its sort of a big deal to get locked out of your account with open positions. customer service available (sort of), and perhaps some avoidable procrastination dont make up for the fact that IB has seperated this guy from what is his.

IB is not really that bad, but why settle for that when you could actually be happy with your broker.

i know im thrilled with my decision to leave IB. though i wouldnt have had i traded equities, i admit.

#40     Apr 22, 2008