I Should Have Done This A Long Time Ago.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Veyron 16.4, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here in the USA we only have a handful of dealers to choose from where the global residents have hundreds of dealers to choose from. This is simply the state of the industry and those of us that are Spot Forex traders must deal with it and stick together.

very true
    you are at a disadvantage.

s

#11     Dec 24, 2011
  2. I don't use a market maker. I just pay the Electronic Commodity Nanny and if she can't execute between me and my brothers and sisters she sends it off to a handful of big banks and they settle the matter.

#12     Dec 24, 2011
  3. My point was that ET caters to traders in the USA. This will change over time and there will be a more global readership here, thus our currency forums will be more active.

Shopster, your contributions here in ET are very valuable and you are in on the ground floor. There will be much more readers to follow in 2012. I believe the administrators of this website are behind the currency forums 100% and there is support for growth.

The forex readership and audience seems to attract more of the mainstream from all over the world. The contributors here should be responsible and careful what they post. Let's help one another to be the best traders we can be....both novice, intermediates and Pro's.

Sharing and helping novice traders is very important to me...the seasoned traders need to fight and keep an open mind and allow ET to grow. We have many folks from within the industry who visit ET. You would be surprised who reads this rag.

I suggest that the readers of this thread visit the other sub-forums within ET and take a look at the quality of posts and information made available...Take a special look at the Economics and Wall Street News sub forums...I am proud of those contributors who share information that would have to be paid for otherwise.

got to go watch my home team now...Go Bronco's

ES

#13     Dec 24, 2011

4. The logo, is not for sale. Neither is the site. Neither is anything on the site. Hosting Ads are out of my control - people who register on many forums have to deal with ad placements from hosting sites all the time - we are used to it by now. So, other than that - I don't see any attempt to sell anybody here anything, or anywhere else for that matter. The logo was posted to show people what a portion of the site looked like.

Remember the days when nobody knew anything whatsoever about Elite Trader? Of course, you don't - don't answer that question. But, I was around back then - rest assured. I was here long before you got here and I've seen the many changes that ET has made over the years.

But, do you remember the time when nobody knew a darn thing about ET? What did ET do to get Traders to recognize its site back then? I distinctly remember what ET did, do you? The put their logo everywhere they could, even in places that were not a wall for ET to hang its logo on. My - how attitudes have changed from the good ole days when nobody knew the name ET.

The site is clear:

It is all about Research, Learning, Growing and Developing the Trader in a focused, clean-sheet, quiet, respectful environment. Many of those same attributes simply do not exist anymore in the online world of trading. Why do you think I created the site? The Trading community needs places where respect for self and others is paramount.

Online respect is gone! A vanished ghost. I remember times when people truly respected others they did not know online, simply on GP. Our culture has changed since then and now, people rant and rave off-topic about a subject they never even took time to figure out they knew very little about. So, people don't even argue about "subject matter" anymore - they just love being rude, discourteous, impolite and hateful. That's why I created collaborativefx, and - so I can have a place to finish my final stages of research and systems development.

I'm doing my part to help clean-up the online Trading community image, on a substantive level. Instead of merely talking about cleaning it up, I'm putting my time, energy and effort into actually doing something about the problem that has been too long ignored by most.

I'm simply doing my part in trying to help people get to the next level, without having to deal with all the trash that gets thrown around forums that call themselves "helping the Trader."

Yes, indeed. Quants were part of the silent solution that never used its voice to speak up about what it knew was a train wreck waiting to happen. There is so much blame to go around for the 2008 global meltdown, that you would need a book the size of War and Peace, just to name all the culprits!

We are going to have more videos like that, as well as some fairly focused videos in the future, on some rather interesting concepts and topics along the way - related to economics and trading.

Thanks for not deleting the thread. I'm just trying to create more room for respect in our world. Quite frankly, I hope the site remains small, if the truth be told - with just enough balance between really experienced Traders and Newbies. That will unload a lot of stress on the shoulders of the successful Traders, while giving the Newbies enough mentors to handle their questions.

Trading can be difficult enough - without the attitude. With the online attitude, trading (for the Newbie) becomes nearly impossible to learn properly.

#14     Dec 25, 2011

5. You are only at a disadvantage here in the U.S., if you don't set-up a Trading entity to do your trading for you. Giving your broker your own social security number, is not the way to run a production trading entity. Setting up a legal entity, with all the rights, duties and responsibilities as any other legal entity, while offering you the ability to now become a customer of the global market for Fx Intermediary, is the appropriate way to handle the matter.

Just because one might still be Retail, does not mean they have to be stuck - Dodd/Frank notwithstanding.

Only some of things that our Members will learn about - no doubt. ;)

#15     Dec 25, 2011
  6. RAY

RAY

Yeah, I remember, but I don't remember you.

It seems like you are using ET to drive traffic to your site...

#16     Dec 25, 2011
  7. the forex forum on this site sucks _ss

the only real forex forum that has some astute traders who actually talk about methodology, finding setups, and showing charts is

I know some of them( some are fx money mgrs, CTAs, etc). That site has more info into technical and fundamental setups than this site ever has. I'm just calling it like i see it......

#17     Dec 25, 2011
  8. ...........................................

s. beach

why don't you start your own forex thread and show us how to do it.

instead of bitchin' and moanin, step up to the plate.

" a series 3 licensed CTA, full time ES, 6E, and 6A futures trader w/ over 5yrs experience..........."

you have the creds.

" batter up. "

s

:cool:

#18     Dec 25, 2011
  9. shop...give it up...look at the guys posting history...all he does is critique ET, other guests...or he complains...I do not believe he trades or has any money to trade with considering his negativity...read his history you will see where his focus is.

Do like I do...ignore him.

ES

#19     Dec 25, 2011
  10. veyron16.4,

I do not see any hosting ad's on your website. Where are they?

As far as deleting this thread or not deleting it...Why would I delete this thread? I do not delete a thread for it's content, other than if it is spamming or there is some violation of the conduct rules. I may not agree with you wanting to take readers away from ET and not to develop threads and discussion here...But that is your perogitive and it makes me sad. Other than that "Good Trading to You" (if you trade).

..and to all the traders that read ET...Happy New Year and good trading to you.

ES

P.S. veyron16.4 Please consider to contribute here in ET when you find the time without talking about your new Forum. Your spirit of helping other traders can be served here also. The candid banter amongst traders makes for lively debate and the "HANDS-ON" experience here is very valuable. When you want to talk trading...ET is the place...When you want to post about theory...well I am sure that there is plenty of room for other places.

quote clips from veyron16.4
    The logo, is not for sale. Neither is the site. Neither is anything on the site. Hosting Ads are out of my control - people who register on many forums have to deal with ad placements from hosting sites all the time - we are used to it by now. So, other than that - I don't see any attempt to sell anybody here anything, or anywhere else for that matter. The logo was posted to show people what a portion of the site looked like.

Thanks for not deleting the thread. I'm just trying to create more room for respect in our world. Quite frankly, I hope the site remains small, if the truth be told - with just enough balance between really experienced Traders and Newbies. That will unload a lot of stress on the shoulders of the successful Traders, while giving the Newbies enough mentors to handle their questions.

#20     Dec 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.