I secretly hate rich people, but also hate poor people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lolatency, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Generalizations such as always, all, never, and none tend to invalidate an argument. Can you quantify your statement??

You are also confusing profit with morality, a common error.

#21     Mar 23, 2009
  2. No he isn't. The various royal families got to where they are because of thuggery, not because of innovative vision.

#22     Mar 23, 2009
  3. Populist rage.

The rich are always evil.

I have no problem with this though, as the masses need a way to vent so that they don't start breaking things that they didn't build and cannot pay for.

Have you any proof of this thuggery?

#23     Mar 24, 2009
  4. How do you become a king of a nation in pre-renaissance Europe? Do you provide a product? Do you innovate? Or do you just become the most successful looter and strong man around?

#24     Mar 24, 2009
  5. It's called history, kiddo, look it up. If you have the attention span, that is.

#25     Mar 24, 2009
  6. Outliers really was a good book. I listened to the audiobook from start to finish after someone mentioned it in this thread.

There's no way in hell a lot of people today would be rich if it weren't for the result of criminal actions by their family in the past. This isn't to say becoming rich isn't possible, but ... really. They provide no valuable function, and much of what drives their wealth is the way they learned to manipulate the main information channels.

#26     Mar 24, 2009
  7. eudamonia

eudamonia

Who said making money was fair or provided value to the society?

This is the lie perpetuated by those in power (with the wealth).

Money is simply an idea, without attachment to good or evil or any perception. It is a tool.

Ultimately, the few very wealthy people I know who made it themselves didn't aquire money with the same thought process that you or I would. For them it was typically about challenging themselves. Money was just a way of keeping score.

I am working on developing this mental outlook. I believe that is the key to unlocking the success that we wish to acheive.

Good luck.

#27     Mar 27, 2009
  8. I guess I could avoid providing value and being fair by finding the 10 most successful traders on ET and shooting them in the head. Then I could take their money, elude capture from law enforcement, and get elected.

Certainly a path I could take. My children would benefit too. The myth the ruling class provides is that they somehow are deserving of being rulers because they provided value at some point. They have often not provided any value and, in reality, the mob could just rally and kill them.

#28     Mar 27, 2009