I screwed up, I'm still learning.

Discussion in 'Options' started by Arnie Guitar, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Best stock I have found for IC are MMM and AET. However this month I wisely stayed away from MMM as its earnings were coming up.

Sorry to hear about ur GOOG experience. With high flyers like it, u generally stay very careful of them. Just mark it down as lesson learned and move on, don't let this loss get you down on your possible lucrative options strategy.

#21     Apr 21, 2006
  2. Chagi

Chagi

I agree with DonnaV on this one, regardless of whether you are trading options or the underlying. I just think that there are some stocks best avoided until you have a great deal of experience, and GOOG is definately one of them.

Of course, another reason that I avoid GOOG is that I don't have $43,000+ sitting in a trading account to buy 100 shares.

#22     Apr 22, 2006
  3. smallfil

smallfil

Arnie,

Don't beat up on yourself over mistakes.
    We all have them!!! I am still making mistakes but, trying to avoid making to many of them. Maintain a trading journal. Since, I started a trading journal----my mistakes kind of jump out of the excel spreadsheet so, it enhances the learning process!
    Unlike you, I just trade directionally, long and short sides depending on where the stock is going.
    Speaking of mistakes, I sold out of ATI DJ too soon. I think I sold out my my contracts when it was at $7.40 (got in at $3.70 if I remember correctly). Made a profit so, that was the good part. This option is around $22.00 now----ouch, and would have been a "very good" winner. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

#23     Apr 22, 2006
  4. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

GOOG is a triple-black to use skiing lingo.

Stick to the intermediate runs!

#24     Apr 22, 2006