I saw with my own eyes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cashmoney69, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

#11     Nov 28, 2006
  2. Wel, I am studing psychology and sociology in college right now. Although I m not majoring in it.

Ok, here is the point.

Pierre Bourdieu, in his book The State Nobility, explains that based on your social status you consider different things to be fun.
    For instance, high social class people love classic..........renanaisance paintings, opera, tennis....you ge the point.
    Conversely, the middle and lower social class love complete different objects such as....drinking fouries(really low class), football/nascar(mid class), rock music/pop music, breakdancing...etc.
    The point is that different mind sets since EARLY childhood reflects the persons love for different objects. The social interactions for a pursistent long time frame reflects person love etc.

Although, I do not agree with many statements by Bourdieu, he still makes good points. Also he is borderline commi....and was influenced by Marx (what do you except from Frenchies), so I did not really get into his works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourdieu

#12     Nov 28, 2006
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Forrest Gump had it right. At one point he said "I had enough money to live on for the rest of my life and that was one less thing to think about"

#13     Nov 28, 2006
  4. <b>rateesquad</b>, I hate to ask which class loves football, big-game hunting and bullhead fishing {wince}.

I've always marveled at how those with a "money-lack" mentality center their entire thought process on what they have, don't have yet and how they will get = keep even more, while the truly rich seldom talk about money and instead focus their attention on enjoying life.

The really rich work as hard at giving money away as the less fortunate work at collecting money = material goods.

Before I get too old, I'd like to think my primary focus is enjoying quality of life right now on the way to mass wealth and opulence.

Enjoy the ride here on earth... it is a brief one indeed!

#14     Nov 28, 2006
  5. give me 30 mill and ill use 500k to get myself a nice shack right next to the beach and surf and trade all day. the day i die i think ill still have like 29mill in my account

#15     Nov 28, 2006
  6. Lol, yea, you'll need to save that money for when the hurricane comes :p. If it were me, I'd invest the 29 million and with only 1% interest, I'd make 290,000 a month..use some of that to pay the house payments, and the rest to fuel my trading account/ living expenses.

#16     Nov 28, 2006
  7. mjh

mjh

8. What? What planet you talking about?

I happen to know quite a few RICH people, I have also been present at one of Soros' prvate philantropic events (catering) and for the most part, these people are full of sh*t. They just need to reinforce to themselves that they are actually worth something in a moral sense, but they just will not do what really counts.

Gates, Soros and Buffett to an extent are doing the same philantropy that Rockefeller did in the last part of his life. On the surface, he came off as a born-again angel who was building universities, libraries and medical research centers. However, after some digging, this Mofo was the devil himself, as whatever institution he funded was required to teach & promote whatever Rockefeller said, such the notion that pharmaceuticals are the answer to health. Libraries were revamped with a lot of valuable material burned, research centers were restaffed and told what to do for decades to come, universities had their whole programs redone to fit Rockefeller's domination plans to last centuries after his death. Fun stuff, the conditioning of generations to come.

It's like when Richard Branson comes on TV and the newspapers and sounds like mr. goody-two-shoes with that fund promoting renewable energy and all that (Clinton & Gates are part of it also). Except that it's mostly corn & wheat ethanol (scam) that is subject to the federal subsidies at the expense of the US taxpayers. Oh and guess what, after this move, all of the sudden the US government is being much more lenient on his move to bring Virgin Airlines into the US. For those who do not know, if Branson is allowed to have Virgin enter the US marketplace, he will undercut everyone and end up with a monopoly via early 1900s style. Originally, he was shut out, now he is allowed back in after this "philantropic" move.

All these pretenders can easily make a big and significant impact with the money they donate. Just by simply starting businesses that focus more on the people, the quality and less on profit, they can improve the financial well being of the lower classes, as well as improve the quality of life by using high grade, environmentally friendly processes. Why not invest in deconstructing the commercial ways of growing food, livestock, etc.? Why not invest in creating new companies that fight the offshoring trend? Why not support small family type businesses that take pride in their work instead of only focusing at maximizing profit? How about moving on to fix the US school system?

Because these "philantropists" are full of it (Buffett is a tough one to read, he may not be). These people are being driven by an insatiable ego power trip, nothing more. Otherwise they would make a direct impact and not deal with these BS "non-profit" organizations & charities that are riddled with buearocracy, loopholes and embezzlement.

Wanna see a real philantropist? Look up the founder of Wikipedia.

#18     Nov 28, 2006
  9. #19     Nov 28, 2006

10. Well, thats where Durkheim comes into the play.
    Durkhiem believes that everything is done, for sole purpose of satisfying the EGO.

So, you satisfy your EGO when you DONATE. Get the point.
    actually in my personal believe everything is done in order to satisfy the ego.

This guy is actually reasonable. Pretty good thinker as well.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durkheim

#20     Nov 28, 2006