i run a 6min mile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by macho grande, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Post a pic of you standing in front of your screen-name. I have a c-note that says you are a disgusting fat body. :cool:

#41     Dec 3, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

#42     Dec 3, 2011
  3. you just gave yourself away. you're full of shit. anyone who runs a 6-minute mile is a serious runner, and serious runners know that a treadmill is completely different than a track. for one there's no wind resistance on the treadmill. you're probably capable of running a 19-minute mile at best

#43     Dec 3, 2011
  4. :confused:
    that's not what they tell me

there's no wind resistance on an INDOOR track either.

i think 6 min mile is one hellava great time too, track or treadmill.
    i can better!

a six min mile on a expensive commercial grade treadmill is no different than running an indoor track. identical physics on both

#44     Dec 3, 2011

5. Balderdash, you also showed you are lying when you said you were going to run your next mile in 15 sec. less. Treadmill is easy compared to actual.

Rennick Jenner out:cool:

#45     Dec 4, 2011
  6. She can run like a wind my friend .She was third as a junior in college provincial championship this May and her time was 5:22, winner was 5:05

#46     Dec 4, 2011
  7. #47     Dec 4, 2011
  8. Well i did it!..guess i'll need to start a new thread with the header i run a 5 3/4 minute mile!can you :D

#48     Dec 4, 2011
  9. You did an excellent job, yes, excellent job, excellent Raymond.

Or is that Rain Man? We're all very proud of you Rainman.

c:p

#49     Dec 4, 2011
  10. lescor

lescor

First of all, a treadmill is nothing like running outdoors. Treadmills have built in shock absorption, which is a lot easier on the legs. If you think there's no wind resistance running on an indoor track, you might want to re-visit elementary school math.

Secondly, if you you think a 6 min mile is hot stuff, you're wrong. It's nothing special for a semi-serious runner in his 20's. When I was training for triathlons in my late 30's I'd do 4x1mile repeats in 5:50 with 2 min rest between.

And for a more well rounded picture of your overall fitness, why don't you also tell us how many consecutive pull ups you can do and how much you can deadlift or lift overhead?

Here's the new benchmark for the thread, sonny.
    1 mile run, 6:08. Consecutive pull ups, 38. Deadlift, 400 lbs. Push press, 200 lbs. Ironman triathlon, 10:12. AGE- 41

Suck it, piker. LOL

#50     Dec 4, 2011