i run a 6min mile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by macho grande, Dec 1, 2011.

1. + +

I am in good shape, in mind and body. Never thought I would have to brag on a website about being able to run. Good for OP, but so what? My gardener's kids could probably do better. Is there nothing else in the lives of these fitness people? Good to live well, eat well, but come on. Reminds of the muscle heads at the gym. If they spent as much time using their minds as they do building up their pecs, they might be able to keep a job, trade, run a business.

No big deal, everyone should be good at a least one thing.

c

#21     Dec 2, 2011
  2. maybe he just became certified in one of those 1 hour internet personal trainer courses.
    that now makes him a professional and he can work with athletes...even special populations like those in need of rehabilitation. :D

here is a handy way to calculate vo2max if you need it

http://runels.com/VO2 max/calculating_vo2.htm

#22     Dec 2, 2011
  3. You run mile in 6 min and bragging about it you idiot, my 18 years old gf could beat you easily .

#23     Dec 2, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You got an 18 year old GF? :cool:

#24     Dec 2, 2011
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

Kudos to your running prowess and your ability to make up new words on the fly.

#25     Dec 2, 2011
  6. huh that puts me just over 60. i'm sure that's better than 99% on this board and 100% on this thread :D :D :D

#26     Dec 2, 2011
  7. "Macho Grande"
    That is really you. So funny this thread!!

#27     Dec 2, 2011
  8. r ur "gardener's kids" high school track & field stars cause that's only way they could do better :D ...seriously!

your avg teenager can't run a 6 min mile give me a break. they're just as unfit and fat as the adults :D

#28     Dec 2, 2011
  9. I seriously apologize for this, but someone was bound to say it. Just over 60, right up there with IQ. 6 minute mile, right up there with most primates. Primates are our nearest relatives, just in case you're not sure.

sorry.

edit: don't get me wrong, I appreciate your sense of self, physical wise, but come on, you're asking for some serious, albeit childish, responses. I hope you live to 100. What was that runner's name? The guy who wrote the book? Oh yeah, Jim Fixx, very sad.

c

#29     Dec 2, 2011
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Well, thanks for scaring the hell out of me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

Just read the section about his death.

I'm 44, was never a smoker, but I was 220 lbs 6 months ago (around 205 now), and have a somewhat stressful occupation. I started doing crossfit workouts a few months ago, but the running aspect is something I never thought I would love, but I do.

Perhaps it's time for another stress test, and whatever other tests it takes to make sure my arteries aren't packed full of crap.

#30     Dec 2, 2011