I remember when people did not perpetually lease or buy cars all the time.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Dec 16, 2008.

1. If a certain nation hadn't buried itself in debt, it wouldn't be trying to avoid a depression tonight.

#11     Dec 16, 2008
  2. MattF

MattF

'98 Corolla now with ~185K.

I should easily get 200 bare minimum, striving for 250+ though which would get 3-4 more years.

Maybe even top 300?

#12     Dec 17, 2008
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am glad, you all are enjoying you old cars, but there is nothing wrong with owning a great car and get a new one every 3 years.

I personally really enjoy driving a new luxury car.

The same logic can be applied to many other things. Why ever go to a fancy restaurant? I work hard and like to enjoy the fruits of my labor with my wife and friends and go to good restaurants at least few times a month.

I am not saying that one should go and spend money he does not have, but if one can spoil himself and his family a bit, why not? After all, we only live once.

#13     Dec 17, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

:) nice words....
    the poor people should not spend money they dont have... thats the point

as it was bevore, nice things to the rich people and normal things to the normal people and everything will be ok again
    :D

#14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. I won't argue that. No different than me buying a show car or race car. Did I need them, no, but I enjoy them, and could easily afford them.

Had I needed to borrow to buy them it would be a different story. I wouldn't have them if that was the case.

#15     Dec 17, 2008
  6. No different if you are rich. You don't ever GET rich if you are borrowing to pay for frills.

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

People live that way because it's fun, pleasurable, gratifying... and Gummint encourages it... "good for the economy" thingy.

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

You mean "US", right? (Of course)

Well, the Gummint encourages it. Why do you think THAT is? It's a long explanation, but be assured it's sinister and involves GREAT DECEPTION AND THEFT.

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. True Gnome, Bling with Zero net worth is the Middle class way.

I bought an Audi A6 used, with 5 thousand miles in 2001.

I bought Just bought an Audi S8, (08) with 25k miles. Got a great deal on Cash purchase.

Plenty of people driving BMW, Mercedes, Audi on 6 year Financing paying 1000k car payments with Zero Net worth. The S8 I bought was from such a person, who had to turn it back in before "Repo".

Good Times for those with Cash....!!!!

#19     Dec 17, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Unless, of course, BS Bernanke destroys confidence in fiat and even the people with cash find themselves effectively bankrupt! :mad:

#20     Dec 17, 2008