I Quit

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TKOtrader, Nov 18, 2002.

1. 25 posts is better than 90 if the 25 are good posts. quality, not quantity, counts. that's the problem with these boards, too many yahoos making stupid posts just to get their counters up. wait until ET sets up ranking systems. then we'll see who moves to the top. in the meantime, for everyone's sake, please keep posts relevant, informative or a combination. (and please use spell checker!)

#21     Nov 18, 2002
  2. if you'd prefer to do something other than trading, quitting is fine. but if you really want to be a trader, and you just can't do it yet, that's another thing.

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

"Strong people do one simple thing: win, lose, or draw, they get back up. They get the fuck back up." - John C. Roat, Navy SEAL

#22     Nov 18, 2002
  3. Them

Them

Just out of curiousity, what makes this an "especially difficult market"?

#23     Nov 18, 2002
  4. Spell check is a good suggestion. It's right there available free every time you make a post.

We all make typos. Some people are better at spelling than others. Take advantage of a service that can save you embarrassment and may even teach you to spell a word or two.

#24     Nov 18, 2002
  5. Critisizing a people's spellling mistakes are as worse then pointing out somebody's not well grammerrr.

#25     Nov 18, 2002
  6. why do you ask? are you a new to the business? 30 years of anchoring to the notion of indefatigable markets caused many to wait it out and continued to hold onto positions. leveraged players lost most. other lost less. there are some winners, but, as in weight loss commercials, "results not typical". ya, people shorted, but that would be mostly hedge funds and other arb groups. unfortunately, many also held long positions, so many of them have net losses too. for the volatility traders, see what L. MacMillan has been up to, or any of the other volatility players. volatility has been difficult to predict.

#26     Nov 18, 2002
  7. phantom

phantom

winners never quit ...

#27     Nov 18, 2002
  8. Them

Them

Thanks for your detailed response.....new to the business....no, not quite, as I said just curious . but I was thinking more in the way of daytrading, not holding positions.

#28     Nov 18, 2002
  9. Them

Them

p.s.
    I hope I spelled everyting ok :p

#29     Nov 18, 2002
  10. whowah

whowah

When I went to high scool English and math was my three worse subjects.

#30     Nov 18, 2002