I Quit

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TKOtrader, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Quitters never win... :(

#11     Nov 18, 2002
  2. sometimes, non-quitters never win too. this has been an especially difficult market, and people are leaving. i don't think you can ever quit. rather it's re-group and re-capitalize for another day. this is much more likely course for the majority of traders/investors. here's some advise, don't wait too long before getting back in.

#12     Nov 18, 2002
  3. better still to fail and get up again

#13     Nov 18, 2002
  4. everybody gets knocked down. Sometimes it means you are playing the wrong game, sometimes it just means you need to learn more. For example, I have completely quit trading options, but I have been doing well with stocks. Options really just aren't for me, so I quit, and my account balance thanks me.

Bear markets thin the herd and make sure that the average worker stays an average worker. If everybody could just trade options and futures for a living the economy would become totally unstable and collapse. Bubbles are really short periods of time when the average worker can make money on balance. If it goes on long enough, those average workers will start quitting their day jobs and trading full time. Eventually things revert to the mean and those traders get wiped out. That can either be a disaster or a learning experience, depending on how long you live afterwards and your personal psychology.

#14     Nov 18, 2002
  5. qdz

qdz

I quit generating commissions for brokers!!!

:p

#15     Nov 18, 2002
  6. i should have quit while i was ahead!

#16     Nov 18, 2002
  7. If a midget and a pig race who wins??? Whomever crosses the finish line first, of course.

#17     Nov 18, 2002
  8. ...Your such an amatuer....you only have 25 posts...wait until you have at least 50 before you attempt to tackle a philosphical question as deep as this!!! :D

#18     Nov 18, 2002
  9. could it be the best move yet?

You got to know when to hold them,

know when to fold them,

know when to walk away,

and know when to run...

#19     Nov 18, 2002
  10. Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though chequered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. — Theodore Roosevelt

#20     Nov 18, 2002