i pulled 37 points out NQ today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LongShot, Dec 10, 2003.

1. why do i have to prove it i'm not selling anything [except sweet dreams maybe] :)

#21     Dec 10, 2003

2. Why ...this thread was started with BS...wasn't it?

#22     Dec 10, 2003
  3. Oh, contrare me amigo. Your selling credibility, veracity, and truthfulness. And right about now, you have none.

#23     Dec 10, 2003
  4. Mecro

Mecro

Hey man, come on.

I don't know whether the great boasts are 100% true but ES and E-minis had sick range today. I would think that quite a few traders took advantage and cleaned up today.
    Most days are nothing like that, just extremely low range and non stop chops.

#24     Dec 10, 2003
  5. I'm sure some did, but I'm betting Longshot wasn't one of them. Easiest way for someone to shut up the detractors is post some proof.

C'mon Longshot, I know you have Grabzilla and 5 Clicks, grab a snapshot and post it here.

#25     Dec 10, 2003
  6. Still waiting for the proof? I am not. I am only curious how he came up with that number. I mean, 37. Must be his age plus 25, where 25 is the number of monitors he uses for trading. Or was is 10? :D

#26     Dec 11, 2003
  7. How did he come up with that number, 37? Haven't you seen those free IQ tests they offer on line?

#27     Dec 11, 2003
  8. Nice :D

-Fast

#28     Dec 11, 2003
  9. hypothetically assuming you are telling the truth, it's not that surprising. probably took that triangle breakdown at 14:00 and then rode it back up at 15:00, plus one more trade during the day. I took that triangle breakdown but didn't ride it back up because entry was too dangerous in my opinion, although i did see the coil coming. it's not that astonishing to make 37 nq pts. today, but it does show good skill or maybe some luck too.. so congrats.. be careful from the famous euphoria effect.. already affecting you if you started this thread.

#29     Dec 11, 2003
  10. Longshot, if you really had such a great day, good for you.

I don't have any reason to doubt you. I hope for your sake, it happened. I know that some days everything just goes right. Some days it's amazing that no matter what we (at least I) do, nothing goes right. That's trading.

Anyway, I have a question maybe you WILL answer. (Unlike HOW you managed to have such a big day..which I guess you think is information too sensitive to reveal).

You have said you trade with 8 (or so) monitors. What do you look at? And why?

I have had as many as four monitors in front of me, but two were dedicated, so I don't count them (an Instinet terminal, and a monitor hooked up to Insight).

I can see how having a third monitor may make things a little easier for charts. But I find that I can toggle enough between applications so that two monitors is sufficient. What am I missing by not having eight???

Peace,
    :)RS

#30     Dec 11, 2003