i program, you mentor

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Joel Reymont, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Ja, Ja.

From my local paradise of Tenerife? No way.

I did spend about 10 years in the US, mostly in NYC and working on Wall St. Don't really want to go back.

That said, all my clients are remote and I rarely go on-site. Take a look at my LinkedIn recommendations.

#11     Jun 27, 2012
  2. I'm sure you are a great guy Joel and no disrespect is intended, but take a look at the " how to protect my strategies" thread. Nothing leaves my office-- ever.

#12     Jun 27, 2012
  3. Yes, I went through the 3 (I think) threads on the subject.

This is also why I gave up on the idea of the web-based EasyLanguage to NinjaTrader C# translator.

That said, it seems that most of the strategies depend on 1) markets they are used on and, 2) optimized parameters. Miss #1 and #2 and there's no profit in stealing.

#13     Jun 27, 2012
  4. For starters, i wouldn't leave Spain either so I don't blame you.

Secondly, I have given far far too much money to lawyers just to scare the shit out of unscrupulous programmers I have dealt with in the past. Just for my peace of mind and attempts to teach them right from wrong.

Though I guess when a Mark Zuckerberg can be deified instead of vilified for ripping off and modifying the code he was paid to develop, the consequences for others to do the same go out the window.

I am a much happier person in my own personal fortress of solitude, thank you very much.

PS nice boat :D

#14     Jun 27, 2012
  5. NG has two trading classes: LNE and ON. The API also wants the multiplier.

You need to use both the multiplier and the local symbol when subscribing to market data, you get these from reqContractDetails.

Assuming you wanted prices on the 6.6 July calls, use the following

symbol = '' # empty string
    secType = 'FOP'
    exchange = 'NYMEX'
    currency = 'USD'
    expiry = '20120726'
    strike = 6.6
    multiplier = 10000
    localSymbol = 'LNEQ2 C6600'
    right = 'C' # call

Skip multiplier, localSymbol and any of expiry, strike and right when requesting contract details.

Works for me!

#15     Jun 27, 2012
  6. LNE is for European exercise style and ON is for American.

#16     Jun 27, 2012
  7. Satisfied?

#17     Jun 27, 2012
  8. 2rosy

2rosy

yep works. whats your question? I dont know what you expect from mentoring. My trading is mostly programming. feel free to pm

#18     Jun 27, 2012
  9. Bump this offer... Looking for someone for fall term. If you're reading this here on Friday nite..... I want you!

#19     Aug 3, 2012
  10. Buddy .. I thought you're a bit too sophisticated for IB's execution latency :p

#20     Aug 3, 2012