I predict Black Friday/Christmas is going to be a huge bust.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 22, 2009.

1. i dont shop very much at all but hit the stores last week and all the stuff i looked at was the same shit from last year, or so it seemed to me. my conclusion was they never sold the shit from last year so never bought any new shit.

#11     Nov 22, 2009
  2. PPT

PPT

This is a good point.

However, EVERYONE that I ask isn't happy with their 401k returns. Some actually borrowed against it, and then got blown out.

I think they really think the Dow should be at 20,000, and really can't understand how their 401k can drop in value.

I think it would be totally different if tons of people just started to invest last year.

lol

#12     Nov 22, 2009
  3. Mercor

Mercor

The unemployment rate for people with a collage degree is 4.9%.
    Most of this umemployment is in the lower income groups. Over 20%.

Still plenty of consumers who can spend , if they choose.

#13     Nov 22, 2009
  4. It will be better than expected, always, USD is finished.

#14     Nov 22, 2009
  5. Was this a joke?

#15     Nov 22, 2009
  6. Was at a mall in suburban philly today and it was packed, literally packed. The area where I parked is a corner of the mall that has DSW shoes, Borders, Lowes, and Best Buy. The lot was nearly completely full. Each of the stores had long lines of people waiting at the cash registers. Best Buy was a mob scene. Just my 2 cents ...

#16     Nov 22, 2009
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

adding stuff to blackfriday email alert list, wish me luck.

#17     Nov 22, 2009
  8. Mercor

Mercor

Table A-4. Employment status of the civilian population 25 years and over by educational attainment

Bachelor's degree and higher
    Unemployment rate........................ 4.7
    Oct. 2009 Seasonally adjusted

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t04.htm

#18     Nov 23, 2009
  9. bust, what bust?

there are all sorts of smoke and mirror operations to prop up the ailing economy and offset the underperforming sectors, i.e. the h1n1 vaccine business already lead to more than $100B in revenues for the pharma companies involved in its development and an "evil" mutation is still in the pipeline to keep the ball rolling. there is also the massive war engine which main objective is to prop up the defense and construction sectors while at the same time secures (steals) important natural resources in foreign countries.

and you are concerned about joe not being able to pay off his CC monthly payment?

LMAO

#19     Nov 23, 2009
  10. kxvid

kxvid

When I go to my region's favorite shopping mall I would never guess that anything is wrong with the economy.

Remember that there is still the same amount of money as there was before the recession. Actually, there is more, significantly more especially in less liquid forms. Its just changed names on the bank account it is sitting in.

#20     Nov 23, 2009