I paid for 'the Secret'

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nkhoi, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MattF

MattF

Anyone remember supernova? lol. Forgot Meganova too :p

well with pretty much anything available at times it is! There's also more community/private-type sites (like bitme, bitspyder, theplace & thevault) that focus on learnings/more specific-type topics, as well as music sites that cater to certain tastes. It's almost like a yard sale at times, because you can dig up some oldies but goodies that float in here and there...and as long as you can maintain a good upload/download share ratio (or donate a few bucks toward costs), and stay relatively active, you can stick around for quite some time and find some really cool stuff.

But those listed above are a good, wide start because they tend to pick up things from other sites; grab something, see what site it comes from sometimes, then head over there and see what's being offered...never know what you can turn into. Seriously, the amount of information is literally endless; just have to filter through a lot of it.

#21     Feb 21, 2007
  2. Are you saying that positive thinking doesn't work or that positive thinking is something that works and The Secret is just another way of presenting what you already knew?

#22     Feb 25, 2007
  3. T280

T280

Exactly, explaining it in quantum mechanical terms was pretty smart considering science is the new religion

#23     Feb 25, 2007
  4. Interestingly, some of the critical aspects of positive thinking are what the spiritual masters also taught i.e. be thankful for all things, ask and you shall receive, as a man thinks, so is he. etc.

So it would seem that the spiritual (thinking) guidance from the likes of Christ are now being explained and validated by quantum physics.

#24     Feb 25, 2007
  5. <i>Are you saying that positive thinking doesn't work</i>

--->No.

<i> or that positive thinking is something that works and The Secret is just another way of presenting what you already knew?</i>

---> Yes. Calling it a 'secret' is pure bullshit.

#25     Feb 25, 2007
  6. I support the project.

Even though everything in it is "known", the masses could sure take it's message to heart.

Many people have been touched by the film in very positive ways, including me. Some never understood it.

I highly recommend it.

:)

#26     Feb 25, 2007
  7. btw, the correct link is:

www.thesecret.tv

(and, no, I am not a paid spokesman)

#27     Feb 25, 2007
  8. Sorry David, but the message of the movie was to explain how the 'law of attraction' works and how it affects everything we do.

'Positive thinking' on it own, is not enough.

#28     Feb 25, 2007
  9. this link is hilarious i like your sense of humour. :D

#29     Feb 25, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

#30     Feb 25, 2007