I-pad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omegapoint, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Is "SCI" Lithuanian for retard?

Yes, they released the thing on Easter weekend, therefore, Saturday was the weekend. WSJ reported 300k for the weekend, direct from Apple. There is no direct calendar-comparison because of Easter. However they booked online sales from the website, which has been taking orders for weeks (250k sold online by last Thursday). The Palo Alto store was the only bricks and mortar store with Sunday hours, afaik.

I would imagine the analysts took the holiday into account when projecting unit-sales. You think?

The 3GS iphone sold 70% of units on the opening day (of the weekend). So 700k units sold which required a 2-year contract. Do you consider the cellular contract a help or hindrance to unit-sales? Here's a hint, the contract is a negative. So yeah, the ipad is not an iphone. For one thing, it doesn't require a 2-year cell commitment with arguably the most reviled carrier in existence, and it still couldn't meet projections.

#51     Apr 5, 2010
  2. lwlee

lwlee

Dude, calm down. I learned long ago not to get emotionally tied to any company or stock.

Apple is at 238.04 right now at 2:45pm so the street likes the numbers.

Consider that the iPhone 3G/3GS numbers were based on $200 phone. The iPad selling at least for $500 could be considered equivalent to a least 2.5 iPhones.

#52     Apr 5, 2010
  3. (Backing off the ledge)

The stock dropped to 234 on the WSJ news on unit sales. NDX and AAPL are up 0.90%.

$200 right. That's all your paying. You're too stupid to respond to further.

#53     Apr 5, 2010
  4. lwlee

lwlee

LOL. You're funny.

"Dropped" to 234. I held Apple through those 2 roller-coasters in the last 2 years. Now those were drops.

Like I said don't get too emotionally attached.

#54     Apr 5, 2010
  5. lwlee

lwlee

Article has it right. Game changer but upside potential is not unlimited. If you want a multi-bagger, Apple is not the company. Just too damn big.

Game Changer

#55     Apr 6, 2010
  6. 450,000 ipads sold to date. Munster blew that prediction.

#56     Apr 8, 2010
  7. lwlee

lwlee

Dude, you blew that one bad.

It's not even JUNE.

2 million iPads

#57     May 31, 2010
  8. A 250 dollar multi bagger is a stretch. How about a 20% dividend then and a respectable chart w/AGNC?

#58     May 31, 2010
  9. I went to an Apple Store today, fought through the crowd and got my hands on this "game changer". I had to try it out because a tiny voice inside me told me that the iPad is not as crappy as I think. So, I spent about 20 mins playing with the iPad.

This is a mobile device, but I find it hard to use it on the go. Whenever I want to type something, I have to put the device completely down to use the keyboard. I don't think it is the type of device I want to use in bed or while laying on the couch.

Applications are pretty much the same as the ones in my iPhone, except the iBook. Reading on it is still not comparable to an ebook reader. I still felt like I was reading on a computer screen. The interactive magazine was fun to play with, but the reading materials were lacking. I would see magazine ads being interactive while editors keep their core contents simple like a paper magazine.

After using it for 20mins, my arms were tired. Maybe I am just weak, but I don't see myself using it for long periods of time like I would with a desktop or a laptop.

I got out of the Apple Store, took out my iPhone, and for the first time I time, I truly appreciate how light and mobile my iPhone is. As I am typing at this moment, I felt like I am blessed to be the owner of this ultra portable version of iPad--the iPhone.

PA
    Sent from his mini iPad

#59     May 31, 2010
  10. lwlee

lwlee

I've been reading technical PDFs and browsing the web in the bed as well as lounging around. iPad kicks ass.

I've been outside with iPad, with it tether to my iPhone. Just a better viewing experience.

Penultimate is a great writing app. Wish they come out with a thin stylus for it.

I can hardly wait for the day when all my magazines and newspaper on the iPad. No need to deal with all the paper anymore.

#60     May 31, 2010