I now have 31 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Romeo

Romeo

How'd you do from 2000-2003?? A monkey could have made money then too? I'm talking from 1996-2003. Are you really this stupid?

#31     Sep 3, 2003
  2. Are you really this chicken???? we don't need a song and dance and the IRS involved....whats your pick?

#32     Sep 3, 2003
  3. $$$MR. MARKET$$$ Loves HELE
    by: mr_market63 (43/M)
    Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Buy 09/02/03 02:16 pm
    Msg: 5912 of 5920

So you call up your best girl and she tells you that she can’t go out with you because she has to wash her hair. Maybe those girls are always washing their hair, or maybe you just don’t give good wood. Whatever the reason, all that hairwashing makes for some good stockpicking.

Today I bought Helen of Troy Limited (HELE) at 24.13. I will sell it in 4 to 6 weeks at 27.87. Here’s why I like HELE:

-The stock is up over 81% over the last year yet it has a PE of only 14.

Earnings are growing and Wall Street is lapping it up. Chances are, you have HELE stuff in your house right now. HELE also raised its profit projections for the full year to a range of $1.75 to $1.80 a share, up from an earlier forecast of $1.45 to $1.50, and announced a generous stock buy back program.

The CEO, Jerry Rubin, has been out on the dog and pony show pumping the company and Wall Street is listening. Listen to him crow: "This marks our tenth consecutive year of first quarter sales increases, and we are extremely pleased with the results achieved in this difficult retail sales environment. Sales increased in every segment of our business, excluding Tactica. Gross margins increased to 49.6 percent from 48.3 percent last year. First quarter operating income increased 5.4 percentage points to 15.2 percent of net sales from 9.8 percent a year ago. First quarter net income increased 7.5 percentage points to 13.9 percent from 6.4 percent a year ago.

"For the fiscal year ending February 28, 2004, we expect overall sales to increase 9 to 12 percent, to a range of $500 to $515 million. We are raising our fiscal year earnings per share guidance to $1.75 to $1.80, from $1.45 to $1.50, or 34 to 37 percent increase from prior fiscal year's earnings per share of $1.31. Year-over-year sales have increased in 34 of the past 37 quarters, with net income increasing in 33 of these 37 quarters, which we believe demonstrates a consistent financial performance during the past nine years. Because of our continuing confidence in the future performance of the company, our Board of Directors' has authorized a Stock Repurchase Program consisting of 3,000,000 shares, effective immediately," Rubin concluded.

Helen of Troy's core products include personal-care appliances, such as hair dryers and curling irons, which are sold under the Vidal Sassoon and Revlon brand names at discount retailers. Have you checked out MTV lately, not only women, but men are primping themselves these days. That could be a 50% growth in available customers for this stuff.

Helen of Troy has indicated it may consider acquisitions of small brands out of large, multinational consumer-products companies, though no names were mentioned. Today they just bought Brut from Unilever. I love Brut. I apply it liberally all over my massive physique.

HELE always beats their numbers and should have no problem blasting the $1.80 per share number they most recently through out there. If they hit $1.95, as $$$MR. MARKET$$$ believes they will, this should catapult HELE stock to $27.30/share, using the P/E multiple of 14 they presently carry.

So what’s so special about Helen of Troy? Helen of Troy is at the center of one of mythology's greatest love stories. Two great civilizations, the Trojans and the Greeks/Spartans, led by two men (Paris and Agamemnon respectively), battled for almost 10 years over the love of one woman: Helen. Those guys, Paris and Agamemnon were a couple of losers. They should have spent a week in Vegas and instead would be saying “Helen who?” as they chomp on Partegas Cigars and sample life’s finest hedonistic activities.

I am HUGE!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses!

$$$MR. MARKET$$$

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrmarketishuge/

#33     Sep 3, 2003

4. Maybe you're the one who should run a hedge fund.

#34     Sep 3, 2003
  5. Romeo

Romeo

Obviously Wharton didn't teach you how to spell "fulfillment"

And what optimizes your fulfillment? Continuously wasting hours of time by making false claims on ET? Wasting hours on a Yahoo club? You're so full of it you need a septic tank.

Bottom line, monkey boy, you made a claim that your trading returns are better than mine. My response is that I will bet you $100,000 that my performance from 1/1/96 to the present crushes you. I already have my preformance audited.

Ready to bet?

#35     Sep 3, 2003
  6. vega

vega

You're getting way to worked up for this, and allowing $$$MrMarket$$$ to get the best of you. Personally, I don't care which one of you has done better since 1/1/96, I don't care if either of you have beaten the S&P, I don't even care that $$$MrMarket$$$ probably has more hair on his back than I'll have on my head in a few years. :eek: $$$MrMarket$$$ comes here every once in a while and puts it on the line and does actually give some kind of justification for his trades. Romeo, let's say you do the whole audit thing, and you come out on top, what the hell do you get for all the effort and frustration ?? Being able to brag on ET that you're better than $$$MrMarket$$$ ? I'm pretty sure $$$MrMarket$$$ is not trying to solicit your funds, and I'm 100% sure you ain't gonna give him any:eek: Trust me, you're spending way to much time trying to discredit him, and unfortunately even if you did, bragging rights in a chat room are not going to help you trade any better.

But here's a good contest, last trade I see in HELE is 25.46, use this point as a starting point ($$$MrMarket$$$ I know you got in lower, but humour me) and take the other side of $$$MrMarket$$$ trade. Romeo is short, $$$MrMarket$$$ long, either side can close out the trade whenever they chose, and we'll see who made more off the trade when both parties have closed out the positions.

Vega:D

#36     Sep 3, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

For you mr market....a luncheon meat (baloney) hat.

[​IMG]

#37     Sep 3, 2003
  8. Romeo

Romeo

mr. monkey is getting the best of me? Why, because you say so?

I ain't worked up about nothing, it's just a slow day, and mr. monkey's an easy target to pick on b/c his lies are so blatant. Looks to me like I sent him back to his rat trap, dodging and evading any pertinent lie I caught him in.

It was fun for me.

#38     Sep 3, 2003