I noticed the known successful traders don't post anymore.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ang_99, Jun 30, 2009.

1. LOL, it's your egocentricity that leads you to believe that anyone cares about what you do. :eek:

#41     Jul 7, 2009
  2. First, I wasn't talking about me.
    Now that you mention it, why do you follow me around this site. Are you in love? Are you gay? Sorry to bust your bubble but I'm straight and happy.

#42     Jul 7, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

It went downhill rapidly about the time of 9/11. I really think that was the beginning of the end. I also recall a poll to discover where people were on ET regarding the political spectrum, it was 75% conservative. I noticed that the site seemed to be under attack after that, Liberals were late to the internet game and they had to fight to catch up I guess... it's been under attack ever since really... you have to be quick with the ignore button... low post count, obnoxious contentless statement = on ignore list ASAP..

#43     Jul 7, 2009
  4. A wise man once said "Those who speak, don't know. Those who know don't speak".

I think once people are really starting to make money, MOST people fell less motivated to share their knowledge.

Come on, trading is war. What I teach you, makes you stronger and leaves less money for me. I never really understood people sharing their knowledge with people they don't even know, unless it wasn't REALLY valuable.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on why you don't see the known succesful traders post much anymore. It's nothing personal, lol, it's just how trading works. If you don't like it, you're in the wrong business.

#44     Jul 7, 2009
  5. +1

In addition, it is almost impossible to identify many of the "known" successful traders. Just because they post blotters or talk good or are popular does not mean they are successful. On the other hand, some of the successful trader on ET may not blatantly broadcast this fact.

But what lucky said here has a lot of truth. Every dollar made comes out of anoher trader or investor's pocket. The steady stream of ET newbies who request or even demand what works or what is other peope's edge or "guru/mentor/train me" is not necessarily inspiring a lucrative trader to be open about it.

In fact, I have seen quite a few articles that indicates successful people prefer NOT to be in the spotlight like Donald Trump. The first successful balloonist around the world was a commodities trader, sporting a Breitling watch ad on his balloon(s). But many successful traders would rather just trade and be mum about it.

#45     Jul 8, 2009
  6. SwineFlu

SwineFlu

#46     Jul 13, 2009
  7. #47     Jul 13, 2009
  8. SwineFlu

SwineFlu

Just follow the links. Pretty clear to me and every one else. Mandelbrotset lied and got caught.

Are you taking about Mandelbrotsets multiple aliases;

Zentrickster
    or
    Trader666
    or
    Jimmy Jam
    or
    his other 3

Oh, how about your past aliases. Let's see 6 total isn't it or is it more now?
    I mean since you got caught spamming you had to change your handle. Impressive resume you have to be throwing stones.

#48     Jul 13, 2009
  9. Not what happened, nice try and few have done more than I to expel spammers. You can ask the mods how many dozens of drive by spammers I have reported via complain, PM, post or other.

As to pedigree, is this the 50th alias by now, sand-head?

#49     Jul 14, 2009
  10. SwineFlu

SwineFlu

Sure rcanfiel . . . whatever

#50     Jul 14, 2009