I noticed the known successful traders don't post anymore.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ang_99, Jun 30, 2009.

1. EricP

EricP

While I would have no objections to heavy moderating from you or someone else, I think this would be a bandage with minimal 'bang for the buck' to address the issue. Allowing self moderating by the thread starter (in addition to the existing moderation) is the best solution IMO. However, it's Baron's site and he must weigh the costs of making site improvements with the risk of seeing his site content become increasingly worthless drivel.

#31     Jul 1, 2009
  2. As I said, this is all I can offer as a suggestion at this time.

#32     Jul 1, 2009
  3. fhl

fhl

Why not just write what you want to write and read the posts of the posters you respect?

Instead of this being a "place that successful traders no longer come to", my impression is that its become a place where "lots of people are trying to get others banned and deleted".

#33     Jul 1, 2009
  4. Agreed.

Simply take this idea and combine it with the "Expert" forum that Ivanovich is suggesting. A "tag" on your log-in password would give you access to this specific Forum.

Perhaps this would bring back some of the Longhorns of the world that used to post on ET.

#35     Jul 1, 2009
  5. I agree, the ability to delete posts in your OWN threads is a great idea. Especially if it was in the journal section.

#36     Jul 1, 2009
  6. even better than the ignore features, is to stay out of threads based on thread title.

If not interested in prop firms or other categories, stay out of them.

When you see a thread title ranting against Republicans, Democrats, or trading styles or other things, then don't open the thread.

But most people HAVE to rubberneck (people in the opposite lane who slow down to look at accidents)

#37     Jul 3, 2009
  7. TRUE

In addition, all user IDs you have on ignore should be selectable to be unable to post in your threads...

#38     Jul 3, 2009
  8. Wow, what a hypocrite.
    That is all you do Jimmy Jam is worry about what other people are doing.

#39     Jul 6, 2009
  9. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

Has anyone not thought of the following possibilities as to why people do not post anymore?

1) They have moved on for reasons of their own...for example, they have a family now and simply dont have the time to be hanging out on a message board.

2) They have extracted as much knowledge as they can from the website and need something different.

3) They blew their accounts and no longer desire to trade.

4) They just dont care about the drama of a message board and want to focus their thinking on trading.

etc. etc.

Its a natural event that people eventually move on in life to something different. Web admins know and accept this fact. Therefore, they focus on getting in new members rather then existing members. The existing members will move on eventually for whatever reason...

The reality is that Longhorns at Assent would have moved on anyways no matter what happened. It was just a matter of time before he blew his account using these highly leveraged strategies and now he is selling Caterpillar tractors to some random farmer in the middle of Texas. Thats just fate and destiny and has nothing to do with the website administrator.

#40     Jul 6, 2009